PO: Tim Heidecker "Titanic & other songs" /500

Maybe fans of Tim & Eric's Awesome Show will be interested.

http://www.orionread.com/products-page/records/

After reading that Bob Dylan’s forthcoming album, Tempest, will include a 14-minute song about the Titanic, comedian Tim Heidecker set out to record an equally epic song about the ship, to “see if I could beat the master to it.” The rhyming ballad begins in 1912 and ends in the present day with James Cameron’s decision to re-release The Titanic (1997) in 3-D. “I can’t wait to see how close I got to the real thing!”

The album also includes a cover of Dylan’s All the Tired Horses (1970), along with previously unreleased songs inspired by: the failed sequel to suburban biker movie, Wild Hogs (2007); life at home; an assignment from a friend; and fear of death and earthquakes.

Heidecker (
, is also half of the soft rock band,

2012, edition of 500, vinyl only.

Official release: September 10th. First 100 pre-orders will be signed by Tim Heidecker.

In conjunction with this release, Heidecker will perform in Los Angeles at
: Sunday, Sept. 9th, 4:00pm. Free.

Price: $25.00

I thought he was kidding when he tweeted this. LOL.

Love Tim and Eric. Surprised they're both doing vinyl pressings for their personal music projects. I know they're very cautious about physical releases ever since they pressed so many copies of the Awesome Songs CD and got stuck with a lot of them and cost them a lot of money.

There was a Casey and his Brother Cassette, but I don't know if they were behind that as much as AS was. I would love to see a Casey & his Brother 7". The whole thing is only about 10 minutes long.

Perhaps I'll pre-order this.

• 4 weeks later...