Kevin Devine - Split the Country Split the Street Reissue

yeah, jesse lacey was on stage. i don't know why everyone gets a boner over him, though. i think kevin devine's catalog is far more prolific in terms of songwriting. i would get far fiercer of a boner if i was at a brand new show and kevin devine waltzed on stage for some song. that's just me, though.

I'd be at full mast either way

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasn't surprised jesse showed up at all. that whole clique has a tendency to make appearances at the specialty shows.

i'm probably as upset i missed this as just about any other show i've missed. getting my teeth out thursday, i didn't think there was a chance i'd be up for going to new york.. yet i've pretty much felt fine since i left the doctor's chair.

i just know how much this show means to kevin, and it's certainly something to celebrate. he's a special artist, and he still deserves more recognition.

I agree. He does deserve a lot more recognition than he gets. I'm a fairly new fan and have only been listening to him for about a year now, but in that time I've gotten a lot of respect for the dude. I love the Jesse/Andy/Kevin trifecta. It's awesome. I live all the way across the country, so I never really get to see them help each other out on stage, but I'd die if Kevin or Jesse came out on Manchester's set.

i mean, you've gotta give credit to a guy who got through three albums, plus a four song encore. that's a little more than 40 songs, and when he started playing brother's blood, the last song of the night, his voice sounded excellent, just as good as when he first started playing. never wavered, except for when he choked on gum.

i mean, you've gotta give credit to a guy who got through three albums, plus a four song encore. that's a little more than 40 songs, and when he started playing brother's blood, the last song of the night, his voice sounded excellent, just as good as when he first started playing. never wavered, except for when he choked on gum.

That's like Andy Hull. I've never seen him play for quite that long, but both times I've seen Manchester, they played for well over two hours, and he sounded flawless.