Generic Insight Radio Volume 1 comp JASONSHEVCHUK

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

I still have a ridiculous amount of these left so if anyone wants any here's the deal. I realize this is a vinyl board but these are uber cheap.

This is a comp CD I released last year for my radio show. 23 tracks of up and coming punk, hardcore and indie bands from NY, NJ, PA and CT. For all you Kid Dynamite and related bands nerds, it features the ONLY released track from OnGuard, Jason Shevchuk's now defunct solo project which eventually became LaGrecia - song is a demo but damn good, IMO.

comp's artwork was also designed by our very own benchwarmer :)

also features songs from The Gaslight Anthem, Capital, The Arsons, Jena Berlin, Dear Tonight, and more.

a number of these songs were unreleased but a lot of them weren't. however, for what it's worth, the mastering guy we used did an incredible job so I think (not to toot my own horn) some of the songs here sound better than on their respective recordings.

Punknews gave it a 4 star review here:

http://www.punknews.org/review/6605

full tracklist available at Interpunk:

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=68638&

if you're curious about any of the bands I can give brief descriptions in a different post, just ask.

if anyone is interested these are $6 ppd USD in the States; $9 ppd outside of the States. buy directly from me and avoid Interpunk shipping charges.

http://www.myspace.com/genericinsightradio

GIR Vol 2 is already in the works for release sometime this year, I've got a decent sized list of bands confirmed and we're working on even more!

/end self-promotion

Guest genericinsight
I think volume 2 needs some Sakes Alive!! love

already been done ;) they were one of the first bands I asked!

some other bands I've confirmed for vol 2 - Icendiary (awesome LI hc band), Take My Chances, the Agent, Static Radio NJ, White York, Battle!, Endgame, Down By Fire, Protagonist and it'll also have definite unreleased tracks from the Riot Before and Nakatomi Plaza. More bands TBA!

jacobe - $6 ppd then. I send them regular first class mail in a cd mailer and its usually $1.64 for shipping, so a dollar is usually enough.

cephcarn4 - yes sir I will be at the loved ones show. I'll bring one for you. get in touch later in the week. you post at wakeupsheep too don't you? I recognize the username.

Guest genericinsight
So which bands contributed unreleased songs to this CD?

um let me check real quick:

Dear Tonight (demo version of a song on their full length)

Safari So Good

Captives

In Times Of War

Racing Exit 13

No Reason To Live

Dealin' With It

Murdock

OnGuard

I was hoping for more but a lot of bands (specifically the more well known ones) sent me songs early on and later ended up putting them on "official" releases.

• 3 months later...