Speakers/ A and B channel issues

So I have a vintage Yamaha CR-800 receiver and a Audio Technica AT-LP120 USB ("lol audio technica is teh sux" i know i know, shut up). The table gives me absolutely no trouble since it is only 2 years old, bought brand new. Along with those two things are a pair of polk audio bookshelf speakers hooked up to my receivers A channel. Aside from an RCA hooked up to my auxilary output to play my ipod, nothing else is attached to the receiver but the table and speakers.

So heres the issue: when im playing an LP, I get very little sound coming from the left speaker, but full sound coming from the right. When I adjust the balance its easy to hear. Every so I often I flip on everything and it plays flawlessly. More often the left speaker has been waning in sound. Ive detached the RCA just to trouble shoot and one time that has fixed the problem. Although, still detached, the sound wanes once again. The FM and AM radio channels work just fine. Full sound. One instance, i grew tired of fiddling with stuff and just adjusted the sound balance accordingly and made some dinner. All of a sudden the left speaker kicks on fully and my neighbors knocked on my door

tl;dr

My left speaker sometimes works and sometimes works at 1/4 capacity. Help?

It could also be the leads (the 4 small cables that connect the cartridge to the head shell/tone arm). If one is loose or has died, it would mak sense that one speaker wouldn't be playing. Other than this, like was said before, probably the RcA jacks th someone else should look at. Good luck!