Rough Trade - London

I visited here last month while I was on vacation... The general selection was a little too obscure and hipsterish for my tastes, although I did end up trying their "record of the month" on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed it.

However, I thought the concept of their store was amazing...

Cafe in the front of the store with coffee, beer, snacks, and tables to sit at. Wi-Fi throughout the store. Stage in the back for in-store performances. Record of the Month subscription club... it was more than just a typical shop. It was a place I could see myself spending a fair amount of time in, if I was a local, and if they expanded their selection a bit more.

Has anyone ever been there? Do any stores like this exist in the States? I think a concept like this is what modern stores should strive for to stay in business these days. Any thoughts?

I stopped in during my visit to London about a year and a half ago. It's probably one of the best record shops I've ever seen. Which, to be honest, isn't saying much since I live in Ohio and haven't traveled much. Unfortunately, I didn't have a way to transport vinyl back to the U.S. and the exchange rate at the time would have made anything I wanted rather pricey so I ended up just perusing the store for an hour+ and going on my merry way.

And yes, it was totally fucking hipster central. So it made for good people watching.