Cable upgrade: Blue Jeans Cable

ajxd

I definitely wrestled a bit with the price. In the end though, quality is quality. It's the same principle that drives me to spend $25 on a vinyl LP as opposed to a $9.99 iTunes download...

Compared to the rest of the things you can spend money on to improve your setup, these cables seem to be a very good bargain.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of cables for my speakers and they arrived today. One of the cables, the negative whenever plugged in would create this humming sound in whatever speaker it was plugged in to. It was fine if just the positive was plugged in, but as soon as you plugged in the negative as well, it was all buzz.

I called up BJC, and they shipped a new one out, straight away. They were a bit amused as they said the failure rate of cables is virtually 0%, but they were keen enough to find out what it was as they're sending me a prepaid postal sticker to send the faulty cable back.

Top notch customer service.

• 1 month later...

There is a major difference between being able to solder, and being able to make a quality cable. By the time you bought all the proper stuff to create your own cables that are of good quality... You probably would lose money by not buying BJC. It's hard to buy certain parts of cable not in bulk.

But to answer your question- better soldering (or ultrasonic) makes a better cable. Better precision, better materials.