Does anyone here ride motorcycles?

tokimedo

Bumping this for some thoughts. Just moved to Austin a few weeks ago and I'm in a position where I can get a bike. Came across this guy on craigslist and I'm going to meet him tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts about the CX 500's in general? He said it has 22k on it. Anything I should specifically look for while checking it out? 

thats a pretty bike. have you ever rode a motorcycle before? Its pretty easy to tell just off a test ride if there are any glaring issues with it. 

i would honestly try and haggle with him to $3,000. 22,000 miles is A LOT for a bike. ask him if he has maintenance records for like 20k service and stuff or just in general. 

Actually met with the guy this afternoon and met him at $3400. He seemed like a pretty straight up guy and fully customized himself. I had a buddy prep me for what to look for and keep an eye on- all checked out. Super comfortable from my limited riding experience. From what I understand, those engines are machines and should last up to 100k. 

Sealing the deal on Tuesday. Just need to get a Texas license and everything else that goes along with that next.