Chuck Ragan - Live from Rock Island: The Daytrotter Sessions 10"

Hey everyone, I accidentally posted this on someone else's thread in the Sale/Trade/Wants forum. Figured more people might weigh in if it was in the correct forum. 

I just purchased - CHUCK RAGAN - Live from Rock Island: The Daytrotter Sessions 10" from SideOneDummy. I'm a member over at Daytrotter, and see how each vinyl goes for $26.25 (with discount). After shipping it is $35 per vinyl. 

I purchased the Chuck Ragan for $11.97 total. That includes shipping. 

Why such the hike in pricing over at Daytrotter for vinyl? The Ragan vinyl was a Daytrotter session, and he kept it considerably lower in cost. 

Any thoughts? 

Thanks guys. 

That came out like 3 years before Daytrotter really started releasing vinyl and it is a 10 inch not an LP.  They released a Nathaniel Rateliff and Low Anthem/Iron & Wine one too that were cheaper then the current series also.   Daytrotter pretty much is charging the same price for all of the splits in their series of releases, smart move numbering the series  instead of just making them independent releases.  You can't really compare this to what Daytrotter is releasing now especially since the price of records everywhere seem to continue to rise.

That came out like 3 years before Daytrotter really started releasing vinyl and it is a 10 inch not an LP.  They released a Nathaniel Rateliff and Low Anthem/Iron & Wine one too that were cheaper then the current series also.   Daytrotter pretty much is charging the same price for all of the splits in their series of releases, smart move numbering the series  instead of just making them independent releases.  You can't really compare this to what Daytrotter is releasing now especially since the price of records everywhere seem to continue to rise.

I get your point about not taking what they did previously and currently as releases in the same series, but you can still compare that price to vinyl in general. $30 for a record that isn't a 180 gram double LP is definitely a lot of markup. So you can still draw that conclusion fine.