Help with JVC QL-A2

I have a JVC QL-A2. It is in very good condition. Gonna clean up the dust cover a bit, but it turns on and does spin. However, I need a new headshell and cartridge. I am looking for mid-range items because I can't spend too much, but don't want to get shitty thing just cause it costs a little less. Can anyone direct me towards a good setup that isn't TOO much money but also is not not worth my money? 

How about you read through this forum. There are a lot of posts covering all topics you're looking into to.

And also posting a budget helps. Headshells are $20-$40 depending on your table, and cartridges are $40-$40,000.

Okay how bout I'll take the middle road, $30 for headshell. and what you say is a low-end $50 cartridge.

I tried to convert from TOO much to EUR but got an error message...

lmao.

Looks like it will accept a standard 1/2 inch mount headshell, like this: http://www.needledoctor.com/Technics-Headshell?sc=2&category=432

The table is decent, but not really worthy of getting too crazy in terms of upgrading the cartridge.  Plenty of good budget choices in the $50 - $100 range.  As ajxd mentioned, this topic has been covered ad nauseam here.  Just do a search for Sure, Ortofon, Grado, etc etc.

Looks like it will accept a standard 1/2 inch mount headshell, like this: http://www.needledoctor.com/Technics-Headshell?sc=2&category=432

The table is decent, but not really worthy of getting too crazy in terms of upgrading the cartridge.  Plenty of good budget choices in the $50 - $100 range.  As ajxd mentioned, this topic has been covered ad nauseam here.  Just do a search for Sure, Ortofon, Grado, etc etc.

yeah I figured, and good thing I don't have a ton to spend it either! but it's definitely a lot better than the other option I have. thanks a lot, I am just getting into collecting and my dad's info on this stuff is as old as the turntable so I figured I would ask you guys.