20% Off Turntables, Headphones at all Amoeba Locations - 2/23/13

Got my weekly newsletter from Amoeba and they mentioned that on the 23rd of Feb, they were going to be having a super sale that includes 20% off turntables (they carry the Pro-Ject Essential and Debut Carbon as well as your standard crap turntables as well) and headphones as well as their sidewalk sale they do at least once a month. Just thought I'd give the SoCal readers on this site a headsup. I'm probably gonna go grab a Carbon and some records that day. Looking forward to it. 

http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2013/02/people-s-republic-of-northern-california/super-saturday-sale-at-all-amoeba-locations-february-23rd-.html

Got my weekly newsletter from Amoeba and they mentioned that on the 23rd of Feb, they were going to be having a super sale that includes 20% off turntables (they carry the Pro-Ject Essential and Debut Carbon as well as your standard crap turntables as well) and headphones as well as their sidewalk sale they do at least once a month. Just thought I'd give the SoCal readers on this site a headsup. I'm probably gonna go grab a Carbon and some records that day. Looking forward to it.

http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2013/02/people-s-republic-of-northern-california/super-saturday-sale-at-all-amoeba-locations-february-23rd-.html

Damn, wish that was an online code because Im looking for a new set of headphones.

I wish there was too because as much as I love going to the actual stores, it's a good 30 miles out from where I live, but if I can get my hands on a Carbon (most likely be a black one) then it will be worth it. I just can't recall if they charge more than $399 for it because if they do that'll suck but it'll still be a savings. 

That's what I'm thinking because I know they sell the USB version there for a little more. Well in any case, I'm gonna go on Saturday and see what's up. If the price is $459 I might just hold off and wait for my tax check and get the RM-1.3 instead. We'll see what happens. 

WTF!?!?! $459...helluva mark up i'nt it?! Did you happen to see the price of the Essential by any chance sir? 

I think they had the Essential USB at $399. I didn't have a lot of time to look close or talk to an employee, but I'm pretty sure it was just the plain Carbon marked at $459. Someone should maybe call Amoeba and ask so we can know for sure. I'm questioning my eyes now.

Insound.com is running a 15% off promotion right now until Feb. 25

Code is like Feb15storewide or something. Theyve got the Carbon at $400

Drops it down to $358ppd

Yeah I went today, you were right about the $459 price. They were all out of the Carbon, not like I was gonna pay that $459 anyway. Just walked out with 2 records instead. Considering picking up the Carbon or RM 1.3 on Insound or Music Direct. 

Thanks. I had a personal code at Insound for 20% off that I used to put in an order for the Carbon a few weeks back but it's been on backorder. I was looking for a solution where I didn't have to wait any longer.

Oh and the funny thing I noticed when I was at Amoeba was that they had the $459 price on the Carbons as a sticker over what was probably the original retail price. They had tons of Music Hall USB and Crosley turntables too. I hope a lot of people didn't buy the Crosleys. Shoulda picked up some Grado headphones too while I was at it. :-\

Oh and the funny thing I noticed when I was at Amoeba was that they had the $459 price on the Carbons as a sticker over what was probably the original retail price. They had tons of Music Hall USB and Crosley turntables too. I hope a lot of people didn't buy the Crosleys. Shoulda picked up some Grado headphones too while I was at it. :-\

Probably marked up the Carbon knowing this sale was coming. 20% off on big ticket items is a lot more money lost than say a $20 record.

Probably marked up the Carbon knowing this sale was coming. 20% off on big ticket items is a lot more money lost than say a $20 record.

Makes a lot of sense. Yet still weird, considering they didn't mark up a lot of the other models. They had a lot of Essential USB models too. And a lone Debut III for I think 399.....