Just Starting Out

Hello all. New guy getting into vinyl and am looking for a few recommendations. I am pretty set on the table, pre-amp, and amp itself, but as far as speakers are concerned, I am fairly lost. The room the set up is gonna be in is roughly 10 foot by 10 foot with a bed in the corner and carpet. Not what I want for long term, but it will have to suffice for now. For a table, I am going for an Orbit. A buddy of mine put me on them, and I can't see a better table for the money. Bugle 2 pre-amp and a Miniwatt or APPJ amp.

I saw a post recommending an Overnight Sensations speaker kit that was interesting to me, but am not sure if or how well that would work for me with that amp. I would prefer something sub-$200 and have no objections to building the speaker if need be. Most of what I will be listening to will be rock with a little bit of classical (solo piano mainly). I look forward to your responses and recommendations. Thanks in advance. 

Herro Maroney. Welcome to the boards.

In cases like this, the search function is your friend! After searching "speakers", I found this thread that was starting a mere five days ago, with your similar idea in mind: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/86557-bookshelf-speakers/

Also, this was starting back in february with a (barely) higher budget than yours: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/85821-i-need-new-speakers/

Feel free to go over those threads, and post if you have further questions.

I have a pair of Yamaha NS-333s that I liked a lot but am not using anymore. They'd be a good option for you. But seriously, at under $200 a pair...just go on amazon and choose a pair that has good ratings.