Bookshelf speakers

Here is a rough sketch of what Im dealing with. The red will be the speakers. Dont want to set em on the expedit so will probably get some stands. Ive been eyeing the Definitive Technology 450's. I think I can get em for around $250

Note my awesome drawing skills. ha

IFbj5yi.png

This is funny bc my old boss and I sent each other COUNTLESS drawings like this from MS Paint. We also labeled speakers red! Funny.

Room dimensions? At this size which I am guessing is less than 10x10, you could handle some small speakers and still get nice low end. Due to size constraint, look for something sealed or front ported. Rear ported would be too close to the wall and end up very muddy/crappy.

Here is a rough sketch of what Im dealing with. The red will be the speakers. Dont want to set em on the expedit so will probably get some stands. Ive been eyeing the Definitive Technology 450's. I think I can get em for around $250

Note my awesome drawing skills. ha

IFbj5yi.png

Id like to hire an architect to help build me a house, would you be interested in the work? Haha.

Or save all the time it would take to learn how to [properly] build a speaker and pay someone (like a speaker manufacturer) to build one for you.

Ya maybe we should never do anything for ourselves or learn and just pay someone else to do everything for us. 

This kind of seems like fun to me, and at not much of a cost.

ya they are pretty easy to build and inexpensive. Definitely worth the cost and time put into them, they sound fantastic. 

Ya maybe we should never do anything for ourselves or learn and just pay someone else to do everything for us.

Not everything. But definitely the things I'm not particularly good at and/or haven't spent my life trying to figure out how to perfect.

In terms of the speakers, I still like PSB, because it's going to be the best sound at that price point, but you won't get whomping bass or anything. They have an "Alpha B1" for 300 bones.