Harmon Kardon HK 3400

I found this on eBay for around $60 shipped, is this a good unit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harmon-Kardon-HK-3400-AM-FM-Stereo-Receiver-Tuner-Amplifier-Phono-Ready-/261191480744?pt=US_Stereo_Receivers&hash=item3cd039b5a8

I've heard H/K is one of the best brands you can buy. 

The ironic thing there is I've been looking for vintage receivers at Goodwills and I've come up with nothing. The best thing I found was a dual tape deck for $7. I know you guys recommended me some integrated amps a few weeks back and those are still appealing but if I can find an older receiver for a better deal I might just have to take it. 

The ironic thing there is I've been looking for vintage receivers at Goodwills and I've come up with nothing. The best thing I found was a dual tape deck for $7. I know you guys recommended me some integrated amps a few weeks back and those are still appealing but if I can find an older receiver for a better deal I might just have to take it. 

Finding good vintage receivers is super tough around my area, too many dudes trying to make a quick buck selling those silver face receivers. I was lucky enough to get a good pioneer sx-3800 after about a year of looking randomly at goodwills. Try to check out craigslist, if you're lucky you can find something decent for probably $100. 

Finding good vintage receivers is super tough around my area, too many dudes trying to make a quick buck selling those silver face receivers. I was lucky enough to get a good pioneer sx-3800 after about a year of looking randomly at goodwills. Try to check out craigslist, if you're lucky you can find something decent for probably $100. 

In order to find anything decent at a thrift store you're going to want to learn what times they put out new stock and camp out. Good audio/electronics equipment gets snatched up with a quickness. I know because during my employment at a big thrift store, I'd constantly miss out on stuff I wanted because people would buy it before I could take my break.

In order to find anything decent at a thrift store you're going to want to learn what times they put out new stock and camp out. Good audio/electronics equipment gets snatched up with a quickness. I know because during my employment at a big thrift store, I'd constantly miss out on stuff I wanted because people would buy it before I could take my break.

Very true, in my area you gotta hit it before 11am if you want to get any thing decent. Well today i hit up 6 goodwills on my way home and found a kenwood kr7400 for $20 bucks. I really want a descent set of speakers but nothing is really showing up.