Selling on Amazon WTF

So on January 7, I listed and sold a like-new textbook I barely used for a 5 week accounting course for $95.

Last week, I got an email saying a the buyer "received the wrong book". I don't think this is true, but regardless, the Amazon terms of service state that you need to return items that are "materially incorrect" within 30 days. at this point, it's about 80 days.

I write back saying something like "I'm sorry but the terms of service state you have 30 days to return it. I would've been even more lenient and allowed more time, but 90 days is too far out of that scope. You should have no problem selling the book and recouping most of the money."

Amazon writes me and says they have decided in the buyer's favor. They state that they are debiting my checking account for the amount of the book. I get pissed, call customer service where they also notify me that the buyer has no obligation to return the book, but I can "ask if I want".

WHAT THE FUCK

Call your bank. That's complete bullshit.

luckily i work at the bank. i told the guy on the phone that they wouldn't be authorized to take the money, and if they did, i'd be disputing it.

it just sucks cause i'm a prime member and spend thousands of dollars on amazon a year.

Yeah, how are the terms and conditions of the sale not valid? Also, you said your class was just 5 weeks? Who's to say his class isn't over and he is just being an asshole and trying to return it even after using it for the class? Sucks dude....

That's the first thing I thought of as soon as the OP mentioned it was a 5 week course.

Man, that sucks.  I say keep fighting it.