De La Soul - 3 Feet High And Rising Triple Vinyl

Seems like it's an unofficial release. 

I wonder if it's the same folks that did the Black Star 2LP that came in clear vinyl as well. I just saw the Black Star at my local store for $22 and couldn't resist picking up a copy. It actually sounds surprisingly good. Not the quietest pressing I have, but good overall nonetheless. It says "Limited Edition" on the cover on the lower right hand side, but the cover looks a bit bootleg in general. It didn't include liner notes.

If it's the same people doing the De La Soul ones, I'd say buy with confidence.

EDIT: with that said, isn't Rhino releasing a 2LP reissue later this month? I'd wait for that if the price is the same. 

This is definately a bootleg / unofficial relase, but glad to hear that Rhino is repressing this.  I have a mint copy of the 2 LP version released by Tommy Boy in 2001 and it sounds fantastic!

Basically, De La Soul / Tommy Boy records released a remastered 2 cd version of 3 Feet  High and Rising back in 2001.  The third record in this set that is for sale was pulled from the 2nd CD of remixes and outakes from the remastered 20th anniversary.

With that said...guilty as charged....I picked up a copy at Sonic Boom records in Seattle for $26.  Discogs claims there are only 1000 copies pressed, but I never trust the bootleggers to be honest about pressing counts...because they can always press more if demand is high.

AND FOR THOSE THAT REALLY LIKE DE LA SOUL, YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT THERE RELEASE LAST YEAR...De La Soul Presents FIRST SERVE.  Recorded with a full live band...just a great record all around and I'm surprised they didn't promote it in the states..it was a very European marketing vehicle....but a great record!