Metallica - Ride the Lightning: Are all versions worth getting?

You wanna try and track down an original Music For Nations Press in good condition or at least an Early Elektra Press in good condition.....these can be pretty cheap.......If you have some disposable income try for a Nexus Jap Press (my favorite) and an awesome sound

Avoid the Single LP Warner Issues.....not great sounding....especially MOP......and any boot Bennett coloured press with the Green Covers.....they blow goats

I've been looking into this recently, as well. I haven't listened to them but as long the remaster was good, witch seems to be the case, the "45RPM Series" seem to be the best. I think it's the same 1/2 speed remaster as the one you posted just cut at 45. They're going for $45 + shipping. 

Ride the lightning is the only 45 I didn't buy, I got all the others. Actually, I didn't get Kill them all on 45, I got the 33 for that one.

Are they really regarded to be the best sounding ones? I know I was VERY impressed with justice and the black album but I remember something being very off about KTM and Puppets... And lots of complaints online... And this led them to switch to Bernie Grundman mastering the rest of the titles, at regular speed, which IMO was a big improvement, they rocked.

I haven't heard any of them, I've read complaints about Puppets but that's it. I'm not completely sure how there widely regarded just saying that if the masters were good they would be number one on my list.  From Discogs info these seem to be the only 45 cuts but I didn't pick up on the switch from half speed after Puppets from their info. Things are real loose up in that joint.

AJFA  and TBA are good, Puppets is out and a slightly mixed bag on kill 'em and Lightning.

Hmmm. Interesting. I definitely need to pick up lightning. I just don't listen to so much Metallica anymore so it's not a real priority for me. But one of these days.

I stand by the 45 RPM Justice and Black box sets. Those albums will never sound better, short of a (desperately needed) remix for Justice haha