SmartPunk

ok check this.. i send the same records to both interpunk and smartpunk. interpunk has everything all listed nice, and sells tons of records. Smartpunk butchers all my listings, cuts off descriptions mid sentence, never sells anything ebcause its all listed fucked up, and also mixes up some of the album pictures/descriptions.

then... i wanna get paid... took me 2 years. and then they decided to pull all my records and send them back to me... to an address i hadn't lived at in 3 years... despite me telling them repeatedly that i'd moved.

a friend that used to work there left and told me similar horror stories from other small labels. fuck those dudes. go use interpunk and cdbaby.. you'll get paid monthly and get treated great.

ok check this.. i send the same records to both interpunk and smartpunk. interpunk has everything all listed nice, and sells tons of records. Smartpunk butchers all my listings, cuts off descriptions mid sentence, never sells anything ebcause its all listed fucked up, and also mixes up some of the album pictures/descriptions.

then... i wanna get paid... took me 2 years. and then they decided to pull all my records and send them back to me... to an address i hadn't lived at in 3 years... despite me telling them repeatedly that i'd moved.

a friend that used to work there left and told me similar horror stories from other small labels. fuck those dudes. go use interpunk and cdbaby.. you'll get paid monthly and get treated great.

Gotcha.

What basically happened is my buddy promised someone some contact info @ SmartPunk so he could pursue a joint-venture type of thing, but he flaked out on the info so I figured someone here would know.

But this is actually better, because I wouldn't want to recommend such a clusterfuck of a place.

Gracias.

people can complain all they want about interpunk and their shipping costs but they are very good customer service wise. they always answer questions within a day. smartpunk sucks at life at doing just about anything. if you have any questions or concerns with them you email wait a week...get a response saying you have to open a ticket or something to ask a question and then still takes forever to respond

Guest genericinsight

Agreed, I ran into similar issues with Smartpunk trying to sell my radio show's comp. Interpunk is much better, I've never used CDBaby though.