Circa Survive - On Letting Go Vinyl Out????

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stayed away for 14 pages, but I thought it was a good time to chime in. Both jbrns7 and Scott were wrong here. However, jbrns7 joined this board in February and has been nothing but a dick to everyone he's encountered. Dish it out long enough and someone is going to send it right back. Yes, Scott's retort was harsh, but since jbrns7 hasn't posted since, I think it served his purpose. Scott is a 100% standup dude. Yeah, we argue on the internet, but it's all in good fun. jbrns7 adds nothing to this board but insults and jackassery. He pushed it too far and got a massive slap in the face. Yes, mental illness is no laughing matter, nor is attempted suicide or succeesful suicide, but he made that stuff available to the public via livejournal, Scott just displayed it in a different location.

Also, I should add, that my family has been hit by suicide on more than one occasion, most recently my cousin who was a year older than me and a year younger than my sister. We all grew up together and spent our entire childhoods in the same place. He killed himself and I experienced first hand what something like that can do to a family. I understand he was struggling with things I'll never quite grasp, however, to this day I feel he is a coward for what he did and the position he left his family in. It was brutal. So all of you getting high and mighty saying people don't understand what it feels like, I'd keep those comments to yourself, because I'm sure there are dozens of people here who have experienced suicide and severe mental illness in their family.

over the last few weeks this forum seems far more concerned with inconsequential shit talking and whining than it is with what it was established to discuss; records. that really fucking sucks. grow up boys and girls, internet politics isnt real.

back on topic, equal vision should really get their shit together and press records during this so called 'vinyl boom' rather than sleeping hard on popular releases while the bootleggers make $.