Numark TTUSB for $50?

You could do much worse like a Crosley. I say go for it!

This will also help: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/88504-beginner%E2%80%99s-guide-to-hi%E2%80%93fi/

Yeah  I know - I saw it listed on there.

I already have a turntable - but I also have very little experience and thus have no idea if what i have is any good.

Yeah  I know - I saw it listed on there.

I already have a turntable - but I also have very little experience and thus have no idea if what i have is any good.

If you already have a turntable I would say pass on the Numark and look for something better if you're looking to upgrade. I would go vintage if you're looking to keep it under $100.

Things to look out for if you want a workhorse turntable IMO: Heavy, Pitch Control, Strobe, Heavy Platter, S-Shaped Arm. So anything Japanese like Pioneer, Technics, Sansui, etc from the late 70s to early 80s should get you something good for minimal costs. Belt Drive or Direct Drive is your choice. Both have their plus and minuses, however I prefer Direct Drive.

Any plastic is a  BAD SIGN

This!

I had that table and it was pure garbage.  First impression is how light it is, seriously a 1 hander.  I was wondering why the sound was all wonky every time I played it.  Took out my trusty scale and every time I weighed the stylus it would be different, 2 grams, 5 grams, 7 grams, back to 3, etc.  Returned it 2 days after I bought it.  Plus it doesn't even come with a dust cover!!  Was a good learning experience, I'm glad it was pure shit or else I wouldn't have upgraded to a real TT, or at least not as soon.

50 bucks can get you MUCH better in the used/vintage market.