Rocket From The Crypt - UK Tour 7" Series

rpm4

This sounds incredible. Wish I lived in the UK for this. If there are any members over there that can possibly help me track these down, please shoot me a PM.

RPM

=====

Rocket From The Crypt will release a limited-edition vinyl single on each night of their upcoming UK tour. And they've taken the opportunity to pay tribute to bands who were formed in the cities they're visiting.

The San Diego outfit have recorded covers of tracks by Status Quo, the Buzzcocks, Venom, Gerry Rafferty, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry and the Boomtown Rats. Each night one single-sided seven-inch disc will be available at their merch stall – but although 400 of each have been pressed, only 100 will be on sale.

Dec 01: Manchester Gorilla – Love Is Lies by the Buzzcocks

Dec 02: Newcastle Cluny – In League With Satan by Venom

Dec 03: Glasgow Classic Grand – Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty

Dec 04: Leeds Brudenell Social Club – Spinning Round by Red Lorry Yellow Lorry

Dec 06: London Koko – Shy Fly by Status Quo

Dec 07: Dublin Button Factory – My Blues Away by the Boomtown Rats

Was in Newcastle tonight and picked up Newcastle and Manchester 7"s. There were loads of Newcastke left at the end of the night but Manchester was gone. Anyone going to the other gigs be able to pick the others up?

The band were excellent. I swear Speedo looks no different from 1995

im pretty sure uncle speedo confirmed they would be up online after the uk turr.

one of my all time favorites, so stoked to hear new jams from them. the venom cover tickled my taint.

heres to hoping they keep it up.

i highly recommend everyone educate themselves on this band if you have no idea about them. 

you can youtube the recent 2013 shows for the best banter ever.

• 3 months later...

Just a heads up, the band announced via their IG that 200 sets (from the original 400 edition) of all 6 7"s will be sold at their upcoming shows.  $80 for all 6.  I picked up a set at their amazing show last night in L.A.  Looked like they were selling fairly well but I'm sure there were still more than a few sets remaining.  Each 7" is different colored vinyl.

RPM