Bang & Olufsen Beogram RX Turntable question

Some of the better vintage turntables. The problem is parts availability. Once something goes bad, you're practically done. Including the carts, or stylus, since they are proprietary, although you can get a pricey replacement from soundsmith. Really, only if you have confidence it's gonna run for another 30 years as is, and can pick it up in person, and the price is good, go for it.

Thanks for the reply. I just noticed it does not come with a cartridge, so I guess I'll look into those prices before I decide but I think I will grab it.

If it hasn't got a cart stay well away, they are difficult to get and expensive.

B&O kit is a but Marmite, you either like it or not there's usually not a lot of middle ground. Iv'e always found it to be a great example of form over function where it looks a lot better than it works, a bit like Bose, the emperors new clothes.

Here in the UK until recently B&O was plentiful and cheap so over the years I've tried a lot of their output and have been impressed by very little of it, you could pick up B&O turntables for penny's but now the style gurus like to look at them, that or people are falling for the hype as the prices have climbed to the point where you can pick up a lot better for a lot less money.