Turntable long cable run

Hi all, I'm going to be picking up a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable tomorrow! Very excited! I'm going to be running it through an ART DJPRE II Phono Preamplifier into my Onkyo HT-R380 receiver. 

Right now I have my cheap Sony TT going from phono to 3.5mm with one of these

3TR.jpg

Then a long (about 20 foot) 3.5mm cable into the front Aux input of the Onkyo. I actually just set this up yesterday for testing purposes. I want to know if this is a good idea. It sounds ok, but I'm I loosing quality? I'd hate to upgrade to the nicer Pro-Ject TT and not utilize its full potential. 

With the Pro-Ject TT I'd be going in to the ART DJPRE II with a short phono cable, then using one of these

IS471456-01-01-BIG.jpg

to attach the 20foot 3.5mm cable from the ART DJPRE II into the Aux of the Onkyo. 

Any thoughts?  

The adapters aren't the big deal here. The problem is that you're transmitting an unamptlified signal for such a long run. That is definitely a problem. If you can't reduce the cable run, then make sure the phono preamp is placed next to the tutntable, so you'll be running a powered signal. And, of course, just use RCA.

Thanks, yeah the preamp will be right next to the turntable as stated. I have to run 3.5mm because its going through tight spaces and I hate seeing cables. I just did a test and placed my current turntable right next to the receiver and I couldn't tell a difference at all when compared to the long run. Same volume same everything.