Recommend me music on vinyl based on my tradelist !

Hi guys.

I know someone has done that before but as his music interests quite vary from mine I started my own thread.

I really love to discover new bands and even if I'm already quite "experienced" I always discover something that I didn't knew and which I regret not knowing it before.

So my main genre is probably post-hardcore but I feel comfortable in many genres that are positioned next to this one. My favorite bands are the following:

Alexisonfire

Balance and composure

boysetsfire

Death cab for cutie

Make do and mend

The Juliana theory

Touché Amoré

Take a look at my tradelist in the signature and you will find more stuff that I like.

I always like to hear about new / unknown bands that sell vinyl through their bandcamp or so!!

First bands that came to my mind:

Moving Mountains

It's hard to describe their overall sound, as every album has been totally different. If you're into spheric, post-rockish music paired with emo attitude, "Pneuma" will be a safe bet (along with the "Foreword" EP!). "Waves" - their second album - might even suit you better, as it's more like post-hardcore.

Gypsy

There have been a lot of those post-grungy hardcore bands lately, but Gypsy have been by far my favourite. Super heavy riffs meet Knapsack-esque vocals.

wow thanks.

I knew about Moving Mountains but never gave them a try before. This will definitely change now ;)!

Gypsy sounds even better. I like Knapsack and post-grungy may be a trend atm but in my opinion it is a really likeable trend!

Thanks!

Can't wait to get more recommedations that good :)

ALWAYS love recommending people new stuff to listen to. Some of these are on vinyl or will be on vinyl in the near future:

Regression - Born Into Grey (Sounds Like: Defeater, Counterparts)

Wolves & Machines - Since Before Our Time (Sounds Like: Balance and Composure, heavier Moving Mountains) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - 'Bury Your Bones' is a hell of a track

Midnight Souls - Going Through the Motions (Sounds Like: a better Touche Amore)

Grandview - Everything Between Paint and a Wall (Sounds Like: Citizen, a more ambient B&C) - This was my #2 AOTY last year

Young Lions - Burn (some seriously awesome alt rock) - The new project from the guys from The Dream The Chase

The Rodeo Idiot Engine - Consequences (Sounds Like: a grittier, darker Hundredth)

Taken - Between Two Unseens

Step On Memories - Furthest

I could probably list some more, but let me know what you think of these first.

I'm on my phone so I'm not going to put links, but here's a ton of bands to check out, going alphabetically through my ipod.

Age Sixteen

Alta

The Appleseed Cast

Basement

Beau Navire

Brave Bird

Bright Eyes

Calculator

Captain, We're Sinking

Cavalcades

Citizen

Cloud Nothings

Crime in Stereo

Crucial Dudes

The Dangerous Summer

Daylight

Frameworks

Funeral Diner

Gates

Gatherer

Have Mercy

The Hotelier

Okay I'll quit at H. If you dig any of those bands let me know and I can rec more similar stuff. I tried to stay away from the really hard core stuff for the most part.

Dudes thanks!!!! I will give them a proper try when I come back from work tomorrow ! I didn't knew most of them although bands like daylight, basement and so on are absolutely on my radar and in my collection but if you still know smaller bands that make music that is comparable to such artists: give me that shit !

I'm on my phone so I'm not going to put links, but here's a ton of bands to check out, going alphabetically through my ipod.

Age Sixteen

Alta

The Appleseed Cast

Basement

Beau Navire

Brave Bird

Bright Eyes

Calculator

Captain, We're Sinking

Cavalcades

Citizen

Cloud Nothings

Crime in Stereo

Crucial Dudes

The Dangerous Summer

Daylight

Frameworks

Funeral Diner

Gates

Gatherer

Have Mercy

The Hotelier

Okay I'll quit at H. If you dig any of those bands let me know and I can rec more similar stuff. I tried to stay away from the really hard core stuff for the most part.

Dude I swear I think we have the exact same music taste haha

I loved some of the stuff all of you gave me so far but I think I could take some more :) so if any of you or anyone else has more..!?

I loved Small Brown Bike, Verse (knew them before but didn't check them out), Moving Mountains, Midnight Souls, Grandviews and some others so far!

Special thanks for the Small Brown Bike recommedation. Love those boys!

Thanks!! Loved Signals Midwest although it has some overall pop-punk vibes (which I don't enjoy so much) but you're right, the second album gets me a sbb vibe as well! I also haven't heard such a development between two albums in a while!

Saves the day is really nice and I will definitely get an album at some point but for now there were bands I liked more.

I'd really like to get some more post-grungy stuff as well as something similar to jimmy eat world / small brown bike! Maybe someone has still some ideas?

Thanks so far to all of you!