Anyone into architecture? Professionally or just casually. I always find it fascinating how beautiful homes can be and just interesting overall. Post pictures! I'll start off with a Frank Lloyd Wright home that everyone knows: Fallingwater. 

fallingwater-1.jpg

Although the house has some structural and moisture problems it's really interesting that the stone is used from the surrounding environment to match the stream's stone, and it is built around the natural contours of the land. 

This is my boy 

Frank Owen Gehry

thumb-p114.jpg

I highly recommend any artist to watch the documentary, "Sketches of Frank Gehry" you will learn to be resilient and go for your dreams.

450px-Prague_-_Dancing_House.jpg800px-Guggenheim-bilbao-jan05.jpg

Here is some of it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ZU11QT1j4

Anyways he's my favorite architect.

#architectureappresh

I have a mild interest in it as a topic, especially where it intersects with Americana and art.

To that end, I'm a big fan of Albert Kahn, who designed and built tons of notable buildings around Detroit/Ann Arbor/Michigan/America. He was a German-born architect who designed some of the first steel-reinforced concrete buildings - Detroit's Packard Plant was the first factory in the world built with the "Kahn system."

I can post some pics of some of my favorite things he's designed later, but it's super interesting to me that he's designed both very utilitarian things that were essential to burgeoning American culture - auto plants and tank factories and the like - and very majestic and beautiful buildings that are basically iconic in their own right.

I actually have used pictures of the Belle Isle Aquarium and Anna Scripps Conservatory as my phone backgrounds and Facebook cover photos for a while. Both distinctly remind me of places you'd have seen in Arkham Asylum or something.

Belle-Isle.png

Being in sydney we have some AMAZING work. Though, an equal amount of gaudy newer buildings that look plain horrible.

An area called 'The Rocks' Around sydney harbour has some of Australia's earliest buildings. Made from sandstone and wood. Some of them carved/excavated in to cliffs or rocky outcrops.

I also live in an older area, where there are a lot of really large old manor houses from the late 1800's/early 1900's. And they are wonderful to look at.

This is my boy 

Frank Owen Gehry

thumb-p114.jpg

I highly recommend any artist to watch the documentary, "Sketches of Frank Gehry" you will learn to be resilient and go for your dreams.

450px-Prague_-_Dancing_House.jpg800px-Guggenheim-bilbao-jan05.jpg

Here is some of it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_ZU11QT1j4

Anyways he's my favorite architect.

#architectureappresh

lol.  Most architects hate this guy's work.  They refer to his buildings as "potato chip sacks."