Upgrading AV Receiver to Integrated Amp

I hate creating new threads for this kind of stuff when I know there are tons of other threads about amps, but I feel like everyone's situation is different and we are all asking different questions and looking for different answers so here goes...

Here is my current setup:

Pro-ject Debut Carbon with standard Ortofon 2M Red MM Cartridge

Denon AVR-810 Receiver

Epos Epic 1 Bookshelf speakers

I am looking to upgrade to an integrated amp and I am having a hard time making a decision. These are the ones I am looking at...

Yamaha A-S300

Yamaha A-S500

Onkyo A-9050

Marantz PM6004

Honestly I really don't want to spend over $350 but I can't say I'm not considering that Marantz so I have to throw it in there.

I'm not one to blast my speakers ever really so I am wondering what I would lose if I were to go with a Yamaha A-S300 over the A-S500. Also, have any of you had any experience with Onkyo Integrated Amplifiers? What are your thoughts on the Onkyo A-9050?

Also, what are your thoughts on 2-channel receivers? The Yamaha A-S500BL looks like a good option, and I like the idea of having a tuner, but what am I losing by going with a receiver over an integrated amp? 

These are all generalisations but I would expect you will find the Marantz the most neutral sounding, the Yamaha's tend to be a bit brighter which some people prefer but can be fatiguing on the ears over time and everything Onkyo I've heard has always been flat and uninspiring.

I actually like the Yamaha sound with the right speakers but I would expect the Marantz to sound best with your speakers

Whether you listen to vinyl or digital will make a difference as well as digital will be brighter generally.

That said that's my preferences so you really need to go and listen yourself, ideally with music you know well and through your speakers or very similar ones.

I need to buy a Marantz so I can be cool here.

There is also this to consider, with tongue firmly out of cheek just because it's the consensus doesn't mean it's right for you.

Also, what are your thoughts on 2-channel receivers? The Yamaha A-S500BL looks like a good option, and I like the idea of having a tuner, but what am I losing by going with a receiver over an integrated amp? 

If it's sound quality you want then an integrated is always preferable over a receiver and the reasons have been explained many times before, obviously a very top of the range receiver should sound better than an average integrated but not always

These are all generalisations but I would expect you will find the Marantz the most neutral sounding, the Yamaha's tend to be a bit brighter which some people prefer but can be fatiguing on the ears over time and everything Onkyo I've heard has always been flat and uninspiring.

I actually like the Yamaha sound with the right speakers but I would expect the Marantz to sound best with your speakers

Whether you listen to vinyl or digital will make a difference as well as digital will be brighter generally.

That said that's my preferences so you really need to go and listen yourself, ideally with music you know well and through your speakers or very similar ones.

There is also this to consider, with tongue firmly out of cheek just because it's the consensus doesn't mean it's right for you.

Thank you for the response. I will definitely be using this for playing vinyl far more often than digital. Where would I go to be able to listen and compare these kinds of things? And if I go with the Yamaha, what kind of difference would I hear between the A-S300 and the A-S500?

Not knowing what's available around you I can't really suggest but you might find someone locally who can help you out.

There won't be a huge difference in the two Yamaha's at first listen but over time you should notice more fine detail with the integrated than with the receiver because the integrated should have a lower noise floor

Not knowing what's available around you I can't really suggest but you might find someone locally who can help you out.

There won't be a huge difference in the two Yamaha's at first listen but over time you should notice more fine detail with the integrated than with the receiver because the integrated should have a lower noise floor

The Yamaha A-S300 and A-S500 are both integrated amplifiers. The A-S300 is rated at 70 watts Which one per channel at 6 ohms and the A-S500 is rated at 100 watts per channel at 6 ohms. My Epic 1's are 4 ohms with a range of 20-100 watts each (Neither receiver gave a rating for a 4 ohm speaker). Which one of these would be better for my current speakers? Also, it seems like the only difference between the two (other than being able to seemingly daisy chain similar amps with the A-S500) is the wattage output. What am I losing with a lower wattage output? Volume?

Both can drive your speakers fine but I'm betting the difference isn't just output power. The 500 will have a different output circuit which should be higher quality than the 300 but whether that difference is marked enough that you can hear the difference in price is a another matter which is why you need to hear them