Wisdom Teeth Woes

Bare with me.  I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out thursday morning and I'm bored and miserable and feel like bitching.

The motherfuckers kept getting infected so I suppose it was time.  They sent me home with a bunch of narcotics which just turned my stomach and made me puke.  I've been known to not handle heavy stuff.  So I've been getting by with just Aleve and ice packs.

Honestly, the pain hasn't been so bad.  But I've been more exhausted than I can ever remember.  I feel like I've had the shit kicked out of me.  I can't stay awake for more than like 2 hours at a time.  And I can't eat any real food.  I have horrible lock-jaw.  And I haven't pooped in like 4 days :(

Yeah yeah yeah. My family is known to be a bunch of pansies that can't handle painkillers. They gave me RX strength Motrin and percs. Food had nothing to do with it. The nausea is 1000x worse than the pain. I'm taking 3 aleve a day and sleeping sandwiched in ice packs.

They had to smash my bottom teeth into pieces to remove them. My cheeks are all swollen on the inside and I keep biting them. God damnit.

Yeah yeah yeah. My family is known to be a bunch of pansies that can't handle painkillers. They gave me RX strength Motrin and percs. Food had nothing to do with it. The nausea is 1000x worse than the pain. I'm taking 3 aleve a day and sleeping sandwiched in ice packs.

They had to smash my bottom teeth into pieces to remove them. My cheeks are all swollen on the inside and I keep biting them. God damnit.

DAMN!!!! I'm so sorry. Feel better .

I really need to have my wisdom teeth out but I'm terrified of any and all medicine / surgery and have been putting it off along with lots of other stuff for a while now...

I'm so afraid of the day I'll finally have to go.

assuming you have insurance get that done..there is a reason they pull wisdom teeth YO.  if you don't have insurance, I don't know, kickstart it?  

Damn dude, hope you feel better soon. In the end it will have been better than just letting those teeth sit and fuck up your mouth in horrible ways.

Everyone I've talked to about having their wisdom teeth taken out had the worst experiences with it. On the other hand my experience with it wasn't that terrible. I had like half a day where my jaw was swollen and numb and it just ached so bad. After the swelling went down the pain went away for the most part, and I ended up not really needing any pain killers or anything.

I was out cold for the procedure. They froze the shit out of my mouth. I couldn't feel my ears, bottom lip, tongue or chin for like 14 hours afterwords. I tried to take the gauze out but turns out I was just pulling on my bottom lip haha.

Yeah I have coverage from work which is why I did it now because I'm planning to quit soon. And it would've cost me $1500 otherwise.

For anybody that needs it done, I'd say take a week off and just get it over with. The infections I kept getting were equal to if not more painful than having them removed. Like I said, I've made it 5 days with just OTC aleve. It's just damn frustrating not being able to eat. Or stay awake. I've been sleeping around 20 hours a day since Thursday.

I was put to sleep as well because the wisdom teeth were under my gums, so I didn't have the choice. I would recommend this route if you are given the chance, though I'm not sure if it would make you more sore afterwords. I'm thinking that the doctor can be more aggressive with you out, so that may make it worse for a little after. I think that I had braces as well at the time, which made it worse with the gauze pads being stuck in them.