Record Cleaning Solutions – Brand Name & Store Bought

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the MoFi solutions either Super Wash or One...or if you have another store bought record cleaning solution you really love speak up.

There are enough posts about everyone's fav homebrew solution, which I have used, but I'm looking to upgrade.

I used to use L'art Du Son.  It was fantastic compared to many others I tried.  Then I found Record Time, which was even better.  Finally, I pretty much moved over to the Audiodesk Ultrasonic Cleaner.  But with the Vacuum machines, Record Time was the best I have found yet.

This stuff here:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Record-Time-Cleaning-Solution

• 5 weeks later...

I used to use L'art Du Son.  It was fantastic compared to many others I tried.  Then I found Record Time, which was even better.  Finally, I pretty much moved over to the Audiodesk Ultrasonic Cleaner.  But with the Vacuum machines, Record Time was the best I have found yet.

This stuff here:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Record-Time-Cleaning-Solution

Old topic, but I just order a new RCM and want a non-alcohol based solution. Do you dilute this at all, seem expensive for the price, but if it works seems worth it. Any distilled wash before after, or just one pass with that?

Old topic, but I just order a new RCM and want a non-alcohol based solution. Do you dilute this at all, seem expensive for the price, but if it works seems worth it. Any distilled wash before after, or just one pass with that?

a little bit goes a long way.  32 oz is a massive bottle.

I guess you do just need a few drops to get the LP coated. What brush are you guys using? I see a lot of people recommend paint pads, but they seem iffy to me, but I'm probably wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have an old record that was given to me in a taped up inner sleeve, and some of the tape residue got on the vinyl. What's everyones go to method to clean it up? I imagine goo gone is too harsh for a record, and using pure running alcohol might be too. 

So I have an old record that was given to me in a taped up inner sleeve, and some of the tape residue got on the vinyl. What's everyones go to method to clean it up? I imagine goo gone is too harsh for a record, and using pure running alcohol might be too.

Would the wood glue trick work on this? Disclaimer: I have only ever read about this online, I have no clue whether it actually works as well as claimed

Wood glue is pretty scary. I tried it on a record once and it all didn't come off. Severely fucked up the record. 

You used the wrong glue or didn't let it dry properly. Do it right and there is nothing that will get a record cleaner but do it wrong and it's just a mess. Have a search on the internet and you'll find all sorts of info on it.