G.L.O.S.S. "trans day of revenge" 7"

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

Screened Sabotage Press arrived yesterday.  The cover is a screened version of the standard cover, not artistically unique, but you can easily differentiate between the two. The insert and labels look identical to the US press, but the record was pressed with different stampers. 

It looks almost identical to the original. I really don't think it's actually silkscreened. It just looks like it was computer altered to have screening marks and then printed just like the other one. The easily identifiable difference is the tiny added Sabotage logo on the back. Really a pointless variant. Music is great though.

17 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

Screened Sabotage Press arrived yesterday.  The cover is a screened version of the standard cover, not artistically unique, but you can easily differentiate between the two. The insert and labels look identical to the US press, but the record was pressed with different stampers. 

2 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

It looks almost identical to the original. I really don't think it's actually silkscreened. It just looks like it was computer altered to have screening marks and then printed just like the other one. The easily identifiable difference is the tiny added Sabotage logo on the back. Really a pointless variant. Music is great though.

Fair enough. I gave it a quick glance, but it did look oddly pixilated. Maybe it was printed - i will give it a closer examination later. Also, from what i recall the paper was thicker and not as white. There was the small Sabotage logo on the back, which i also assume is one the standard Euro version. I was hoping for something more unique, but such is life. 

9 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

Fair enough. I gave it a quick glance, but it did look oddly pixilated. Maybe it was printed - i will give it a closer examination later. Also, from what i recall the paper was thicker and not as white. There was the small Sabotage logo on the back, which i also assume is one the standard Euro version. I was hoping for something more unique, but such is life. 

Yeah, I'm no expert, took a class in HS, but I have stared at those covers side by side and there is pretty much no way they screened this. Just look at the colors. I would have been happier with a one color screen to at least make it look unique.