Converting Cassette tapes onto Vinyl?

That's right, it may come across as something as a dumb question, so apologies in advance for my lack of knowledge in this area. Although I have only recently started collecting vinyl, it's something that's got me thinking.  

Is it at all possible to convert tape cassettes to vinyl?

There are many albums out there that never got a vinyl, or even a CD release, but did only get a cassette release. I have many of these in my home collection. 

I've done a little research on Google, but have been unsuccessful in my findings thus far. If anyone knows of any businesses, or any other information about this subject, I'd be very appreciated to hear any suggestions anyone may have. Otherwise, is it only a wet dream?

Cheers!

I don't really see what the point would be.  It'd be a lot more realistic and cost-effective to just get a tape deck (if you don't own one already) to play your tapes.  Since the audio's source is cassette, it's not going to receive any sort of boost to its fidelity or clarity if you converted it over to vinyl, right?  It'd save you from having to manually rewind, but that's about the only benefit I could see.

Unless, true to your name, you're looking to scratch and remix some albums that were previously exclusive to tape.  Then I totally get where you're coming from.

it's quite easy to convert tapes to files on your computer. there are different ways of doing so, e.g. you can get an audio cable that has a 3.5mm plug on both ends, put one end into the headphone plug of your cassette player and the other end into the microphone plug of your computer. then, you can use any recording software to record your tape while playing it.

you will find lots of companies that produce vinyl from audio files but as this is pretty expensive, i don't really see the point why anyone would want to do this solely for the sake of converting old tapes. also, most companies have a minimum amount of the same vinyl before they start producing, usually around 100 i guess.

Is it possible? Yeah, I suppose. Many things are possible if you want it badly enough. 

Would anyone really want to? Doubtful. 

Converting a cassette tape to vinyl is essentially pointless, and would cost a lot of money just to make something that you probably wouldn't be happy with in the end. For one thing, there would be a significant decline in quality for all the steps involved to press vinyl from a cassette, which isn't a master quality source to begin with. 

That said, cassette's CAN sound quite good, if you have the right equipment. You're better off taking all that money that you would need to invest to convert it to vinyl and buy quality cassette deck components or speakers. See here: 

I've converted a few tapes and records to cds with pretty good results on my TEAC LPR500 which is a good all round unit if you're not an audiophile  and don't have mad amounts of space to be playing your music in. I'd agree you're probably best just converting them to digital files rather than bankrupting yourself to press something on vinyl. All of the above methods sound infinitely more affordable.