Botch - Unified Themes Redux on gold AND silver?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ordered. i dont even care what color this record is on. i just want it and to be over trying to get my hands on a copy of it.

matt, I emailed the label yesterday, I will keep you posted on what they say.

the record shouldnt have been hard to get. its just garden of exile came out lookin' pretty sketchy after this release. preorders went up in like november or december of last year and the records didnt ship till like april of this year or something and some people didnt get theres, etc. i ordered a cave in - perfect pitch black from them on silver and it took like 2 months and a series of emails to get it which is why i pretty much refused to order this record from them direct.

the record shouldnt have been hard to get. its just garden of exile came out lookin' pretty sketchy after this release. preorders went up in like november or december of last year and the records didnt ship till like april of this year or something and some people didnt get theres, etc. i ordered a cave in - perfect pitch black from them on silver and it took like 2 months and a series of emails to get it which is why i pretty much refused to order this record from them direct.

Shit that's about as bad as my Eulogy Records nightmare except I never got my record which I'm still to this day very bitter about.

Shit that's about as bad as my Eulogy Records nightmare except I never got my record which I'm still to this day very bitter about.

What happened?

I pre-ordered Set Your Goals on purple marble with a special silk screened cover only 100 pressed. the bundle also came with the cd and a poster. There was a pressing delay so they said they would give out a free mp3 of the record for people who pre-ordered any vinyl version. Well after going on AIM and talking to the guy like they said to do I never got that mp3. I got an email saying that my order had shipped but two weeks later still nothing in the mail. I emailed the shipping guy and he said to wait another week. Still nothing. He confirmed the shipping address which was correct but still nothing. I was hoping for a refund or at least a copy of a less rare pressing but nothing even after a month and a half or email him. He eventually just stopped replying. Since then I've refused to order anything from them. I finally broke down and bought the cd even though I'd already paid for it. I want it on vinyl but I just can't bring myself to pay for it yet again. Especialy since I don't have a whole lot of extra money to spend on vinyl.

I pre-ordered Set Your Goals on purple marble with a special silk screened cover only 100 pressed. the bundle also came with the cd and a poster. There was a pressing delay so they said they would give out a free mp3 of the record for people who pre-ordered any vinyl version. Well after going on AIM and talking to the guy like they said to do I never got that mp3. I got an email saying that my order had shipped but two weeks later still nothing in the mail. I emailed the shipping guy and he said to wait another week. Still nothing. He confirmed the shipping address which was correct but still nothing. I was hoping for a refund or at least a copy of a less rare pressing but nothing even after a month and a half or email him. He eventually just stopped replying. Since then I've refused to order anything from them. I finally broke down and bought the cd even though I'd already paid for it. I want it on vinyl but I just can't bring myself to pay for it yet again. Especialy since I don't have a whole lot of extra money to spend on vinyl.

That really sucks, man. I don't understand why labels let things like this just "disappear" as if the jilted customer will somehow forget what happened. Even if it's not the label's fault, they should do whatever they can to make the customer happy again (refund, new order, whatever it takes).

I run the AP myspace page, and whenever a kid writes us saying, "My issue showed up in the mail and it was ripped to shreds/soaking wet/otherwise damaged," I just tell them to give me their address and I mail them out a new one, no questions asked. It's far more important to keep the people who actually choose to give you money happy than to maintain your stock or anything.