Botch - Unified Themes Redux on gold AND silver?

I pre-ordered Set Your Goals on purple marble with a special silk screened cover only 100 pressed. the bundle also came with the cd and a poster. There was a pressing delay so they said they would give out a free mp3 of the record for people who pre-ordered any vinyl version. Well after going on AIM and talking to the guy like they said to do I never got that mp3. I got an email saying that my order had shipped but two weeks later still nothing in the mail. I emailed the shipping guy and he said to wait another week. Still nothing. He confirmed the shipping address which was correct but still nothing. I was hoping for a refund or at least a copy of a less rare pressing but nothing even after a month and a half or email him. He eventually just stopped replying. Since then I've refused to order anything from them. I finally broke down and bought the cd even though I'd already paid for it. I want it on vinyl but I just can't bring myself to pay for it yet again. Especialy since I don't have a whole lot of extra money to spend on vinyl.

That really sucks, man. I don't understand why labels let things like this just "disappear" as if the jilted customer will somehow forget what happened. Even if it's not the label's fault, they should do whatever they can to make the customer happy again (refund, new order, whatever it takes).

I run the AP myspace page, and whenever a kid writes us saying, "My issue showed up in the mail and it was ripped to shreds/soaking wet/otherwise damaged," I just tell them to give me their address and I mail them out a new one, no questions asked. It's far more important to keep the people who actually choose to give you money happy than to maintain your stock or anything.

yeah i agree. I mean it most likely wasn't the guy who runs the store's fault but come on. After all that trouble I would have taken a free shirt or something. Give me something to show that you at least care that I spent money on your label. People don't remember that treating people well will bring them back. Look at Virgil and VC. He goes way out of his way to make people happy and I think it's easy to say that everyone is more than happy with the way he treats all of us. Where else will you get $3 shipping no matter how many records you order? I know that if VC has a record that I want in stock I'll buy it here over anywhere else any day.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really sucks, man. I don't understand why labels let things like this just "disappear" as if the jilted customer will somehow forget what happened. Even if it's not the label's fault, they should do whatever they can to make the customer happy again (refund, new order, whatever it takes).

I run the AP myspace page, and whenever a kid writes us saying, "My issue showed up in the mail and it was ripped to shreds/soaking wet/otherwise damaged," I just tell them to give me their address and I mail them out a new one, no questions asked. It's far more important to keep the people who actually choose to give you money happy than to maintain your stock or anything.

yeah i agree. I mean it most likely wasn't the guy who runs the store's fault but come on. After all that trouble I would have taken a free shirt or something. Give me something to show that you at least care that I spent money on your label. People don't remember that treating people well will bring them back. Look at Virgil and VC. He goes way out of his way to make people happy and I think it's easy to say that everyone is more than happy with the way he treats all of us. Where else will you get $3 shipping no matter how many records you order? I know that if VC has a record that I want in stock I'll buy it here over anywhere else any day.

Shit your order doesn't even need to be fucked for Virgil to drop some extra love your way. I cherish the free Taken LP he sent me with one of my last ordered. Dude wont sell them cause the covers are kind of bent, but the wax is in perfect shape. DUDE MAKE THEM THE NEXT 5 DOLLA DEAL. That being said I love Virgil.

I tried to order that Botch LP from Garden Of Exile, what a scam. first of all it was like $35 or something ridiculous after shipping costs. THEN after ordering they sent an email to everyone in the states that ordered saying they 'miscalculated' the shipping costs and we needed to send them another $6. I don't remember all the exact prices, but it would have ended up being well over $40 for a 2xLP in a flimsy jacket. I tried ignoring the second email to see if they'd send it anyway, but no dice. I was able to get a refund, which in retrospect is pretty lucky considering how poorly handled the whole preorder was.

i pre-ordered anaal nathrakh - eschaton of 100 on red/black swirl from them. sure it took a damn long time, but there were no problems. i understand the extra three euros for sending to us and australia, shipping is fucking expensive. im still waiting like a motherfucker for ion dissonance - minus the herd and will have no qualms about ordering it from them.

i understand the extra three euros for sending to us and australia, shipping is fucking expensive.

the thing is I had already added shipping, they just decided to charge it again for everyone. the $35 price was after shipping had already been added. like I said, it would have ended up being over $40 total, which minus the $10 it probably would have cost to ship it to the states meant I was paying well over $30 for a 2xLP, which is insane.

i understand the extra three euros for sending to us and australia, shipping is fucking expensive.

the thing is I had already added shipping, they just decided to charge it again for everyone. the $35 price was after shipping had already been added. like I said, it would have ended up being over $40 total, which minus the $10 it probably would have cost to ship it to the states meant I was paying well over $30 for a 2xLP, which is insane.

i remember getting that email as well. i also remember ignoring the fact that it explicitly said in the listing that anyone in US or Australia had to add 3 Euros for shipping. im pretty sure the botch and cave in pre-orders had it posted as well. we got fair warning.

thanks for the kind words friends. Like Mr Heisel said, if someone says they never got it, I track it (even though usps tracking is a joke) and if it is in limbo, I take the responsibility to ship another one. USPS does suck, but the labels need to realize that even though it isn't the senders' fault sometimes, it definitely is not the customers fault.

And John-Michael, about the Taken LPs, I might do some kind of deal where people can get them for free if they order 2 records or something.

I have just been busy as hell and have so much more I need to do. It is on my list though.

thanks everybody, you guys all make it worth the hard work!

And John-Michael, about the Taken LPs, I might do some kind of deal where people can get them for free if they order 2 records or something.

No prob dude, I've got mine :). I was just blasting it the other day and my lady walked through and stopped and said "this is awesome. it sounds like hum!" and i almost cried.