Nine Inch Nails - Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D on vinyl

jhulud

From nin.com:

Here's some information on Y34RZ3R0R3MIX3D.

We are releasing it on Interscope Nov 20th through the traditional retail outlets. There are three different formats:

DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

iTunes, I assume Amazon's MP3 store (I'm the last to know about these things) and maybe others. This should be priced "regular", whatever that now means.

track listing for these:

1. gunshots by computer: saul williams

2. the great destroyer: modwheelmood

3. my violent heart: pirate robot midget

4. the beginning of the end: ladytron

5. survivalism: saul williams

6. capital g: epworth phones

7. vessel: bill laswell

8. the warning: stefan goodchild featuring doudou n’diaye rose

9. meet your master: the faint

10. god given: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

11. me, i’m not: olof dreijer

12. another version of the truth: kronos & enrique gonzalez müller

13. in this twilight: fennesz

14. zero sum: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

VINYL

A nice package with three discs. Good quality vinyl, blah blah blah - really it's just cool. The package is a six-panel gatefold vinyl jacket to match Year Zero along with an insert.

track listing for this configuration:

Side 1

1. gunshots by computer: saul williams

2. the great destroyer: modwheelmood

3. my violent heart: pirate robot midget

4. the beginning of the end: ladytron

5. capital g: epworth phones

Side 2

1. the warning: stefan goodchild featuring doudou n’diaye rose

2. meet your master: the faint

3. god given: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

4. vessel [mix 1]: bill laswell

Side 3

1. capital g: switch

2. me, I’m not: olof dreijer

Side 4

1. the good soldier: sam fog

2. vessel [mix 2]: bill laswell

Side 5

1. capital g: ladytron

2. another version of the truth: kronos & enrique gonzalez müller

3. in this twilight: fennesz

4. zero sum: stephen morris & gillian gilbert

(no Side 6)

PHYSICAL CD / DVD ROM

This costs a bit more than "regular" and contains a CD that has exactly the same track listing as it's DIGITAL DOWNLOAD counterpart (see above). The package is a six-panel digipak to match Year Zero along with an insert. It also contains a DVD ROM (not a movie) that contains every track from Year Zero in multitrack format for you to do with what you please. Mac or PC.

We've included:

Pre-formatted for Apple GarageBand

Pre-formatted for Ableton Live (Mac or PC)

Demo version of Ableton Live (Mac or PC)

Generic WAVE files at 16 bit 44K that can be loaded into any audio editor

I can make this easy for you: if you just want to hear the tracks as cheaply as possible, get it digitally. The highest fidelity will likely be Amazon (through legal means).

If you want something that's aesthetically cool and will enhance any collection, get the vinyl. Trust me, it looks great. The extra tracks are fairly minor embellishments to the whole (and surely someone will upload them instantly).

If you want higher quality tracks legally, a nice package AND a complete multitrack of the whole record, get the physical CD / DVD ROM.

**insert comment from NINSUX: "I thought he said all the multitracks were going to be posted online, now he wants us to PAY for them??"

Relax, friend. One second after this package goes to the manufacturing plant someone will kindly upload those missing multitracks and everything will be OK. If they don't soon enough for your liking, just yell loudly out the window and I'll do it myself.

As for the record itself, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out. Remix records can be disposable garbage (of which I myself have been guilty of to some extent) but this collection feels good to me. I reached out to heroes, friends and strangers. I encouraged those I approached to do anything and insert themselves as much as possible into the track. Some of the stuff that was done earlier led me to choosing other people to balance things out. The Pirate Robot Midget mix is a fan's work - I thought it was great, it filled a need and I asked permission to use it here.

It's always interesting for me to hear my work reinterpreted - I hope it is for you as well.

Upon the release of this, we will be launching the first portion of the new nin.com at

remix.nin.com

We have been working on this quite a while now and I think you'll like it. It will begin as a home for listening to, sorting through, discussing and uploading remixes the community has made. Hopefully it will be as elegant, useful and fun to use as we envision.

TR

posted by Trent Reznor at 8:01 PM. 576 Comments

------------------------------------------------------------------

I highlighted what's pertinent to the board...the vinyl.

I haven't found places where it will be available for purchase...yet.

It also contains a DVD ROM (not a movie) that contains every track from Year Zero in multitrack format for you to do with what you please. Mac or PC.

This is amazing, I hope more people can play around with the tracks and do some amazing things with them

I'll prollie end up buying the vinyl though, cause I'm a loser like that

i just got my copy of year zero yesterday so will definitely be buying the vinyl version of this as well. i really hope it doesn't run for $50 but, even if it does, i'd have to buy it. nin is one of the few bands i'll do that for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update from What UK records for those interested:

The Vinyl is now no longer being pressed by Universal for European release due to practical problems. Basically Europe has limited capacity to press vinyl hence the major delays we in the UK experience.

Don't panic...all our stock was secured over a month ago and we have currently despatched virtually all orders to the US, Canada, Japan, Brazil,Australia, and all other orders are being despatched today and over the next couple of days. We also received the UK CD/DVD Combo in this morning. So I guess whilst are friends in the US are enjoying thanksgiving we are packing like crazy to get the orders out.

On the upside the Worldwide pressing of the album has been more than halved so its definately going to be a Collectors item.

I still have some stock left but due to the limited availability I am limiting all new vinyl orders to a maximium of 2 per customer in an attempt to make sure the vinyl reaches the fans and not ebayers. (Sorry ebayers)

Cheers.