Cult of Luna - Eternal Music (Eviga Riket Soundtrack)

Cult of Luna is releasing the music to Eviga Riket on vinyl (despite saying they'd never do so).

While the DVD that came with the book was oscillating between text readings and music, the vinyl release of Eternal Music is excluding the readings, and emphasizing the music - laden with sadness and melancholy, these rather quiet tunes are closer to soundtrack-music then to the band's usual sonic realms. While Eviga Riket was without doubt a fascinating experience, listening to the music in one go, without interrupting text readings, is a new and entirely different experience.

Eternal Music will be released as a 12" vinyl record, along with silk-screened cover art, printed in metallic golden ink on thick 500 gsm cardboard. The backside of the cover sheet shows a new illustration by Joris Vanpoucke that has not been used in the original audio book. 500 copies on special mix-coloured gold / black vinyl and 500 copies on black vinyl (180 gram)

Black is 17.00 Euros and 'Black & gold A-side / B-side effect with black splatters' is 18.50 Euros.

http://pelagic-records.com/vinyl/

It looks like they will be releasing the audiobook itself on vinyl in a few months as well.

Thanks for the heads-up on this... Slightly left-field release?! I do wish they'd release some live stuff (the live dvd sounded pretty bad for such a good live band).

I did actually do a music edit from the DVD off this a long time ago... nice and relaxed atmos pieces.

From reading it do you think both are 180g or just the black?

• 1 month later...

Got mine today too... 

One of the first new records that I had to wash before even thinking of playing it! Looked like it was packed by a yeti with dermatitis. No inner sleeve also, this comes with just the (rough) paper insert :-(

Nice colour though and looking forward to spinning it tomorrow...

• 2 months later...