WTB: Right Away, Great Captain!

mattbult

• 2 weeks later...

I think it was $60 for the regular and $120 for the deluxe edition which included a lot of really neat extras. Andy said both on twitter and Machester's Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) NOT to buy a 1st pressing on eBay for $300+ because he will be repressing. Been waiting for this album for a long time and really regret not buying it when it was first released. Good luck!

Only the first 120 copies were signed, but they were all hand numbered. He's an interesting interview that Andy did with BandCamp about it. 

http://blog.bandcamp.com/2012/06/12/right-away-great-captain/

The 120 he's referring to is just the amount of deluxe sets. As far as I remember, all 1000 were numbered and signed on the back of the tri-fold. (Save for a box-full or two maybe, that he had on the short tour that had neither and were just blank).

Yeah, all of them that were sold online were signed and numbered. The ones on tour were the only ones not signed. The vinyl in the regular and deluxe were exactly the same. The only differences were the CD set it came with and some of the other extras. I can't remember exactly.

That being said, if anyone has the deluxe and doesn't want all the extra goodies it came with, I'd buy them. I woulda got the deluxe at the time but I didn't have the extra cash. Obviously let Mattbult have first grab at anything, though. I'm not looking for the vinyl, since I already have it.

But yes, this is supposed to be getting a repress. Andy said in a live stream thing that something with RAGC should be happening in May, but he didn't say what. Could be new music or a repress. Or the albums sold separately like they did with The Dear Hunter recently.

I have this, autographed by Andy no less. Would be hard for me to give up.

Got an OG Mellon Collie?

Yes, I have one Mellon Collie left (actually #196) and a test pressing.  I just sold my last extra MCIS in the last year.  I can't part with my last one.  If you want any other SP or want to throw out a number for your RAGC trilogy, let me know.

Thanks!

-matt