Help Me Complete My Setup

Ive got my turntable that has a built in preamp (which i am trying to eliminate). The audio connections go red into one speaker and white into the other.

My speakers are KRK rokit 6 active speakers. They were a gift and they are great speakers.

Would i just need to purchase a preamp, so that my table plugs into it, and then out to speakers?

Trying to do it some what affordable and right now eliminate built in preamp. Id like to get nicer equipment later.

Any help would be great.

Yeah, adding a phono preamp is all you need, but are you sure that the built in preamp on your table can be bypassed/switched off? Which table is it?

Cool. Yes its just an audio techinica 120 i think?? Yest it has a switch to turn the preamp on and off.

Any recommended preamps? Or just look for what has my connections and price?

Yeah, it all depends on the budget. Every phono preamp should have the same connections, so it all boils down to how much you're willing to spend. 

A nice extra feature would be a volume control (I don't remember how easily accessible the volume knob is on the KRKs), but those start at around $150 at least.

• 2 weeks later...

I found my current Musical Fidelity V-LPS II on eBay a few weeks ago for ~$90 shipped. Fantastic preamp for the price if you can find one.

That one or either of the Cambridge ones, A Project will be easier to find but just sounds flat in comparison to my ears. You might not really get the difference between them with your current speakers though so this is only really a consideration if you do intend to upgrade later.