PO - You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude (Topshelf)

Sorry to hear this, dude. :/

Though we've been doing this for awhile now, we're still getting our bearings sometimes with who we work with for mastering (specifically for vinyl), cutting lacquers, pressing the actual vinyl, etc.. It's a bummer because I think this is a great sounding record otherwise. I've heard very polarizing and mixed reviews about the quality of this record — I can only speak for the copies I've listened to which, including the tests, don't warrant the harsh criticisms I've seen it garner. I have no doubt that there's something going on with this pressing and that any complaints are warranted (we don't take this stuff lightly). I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's a LOT (like, a fucking tonnnn) that goes into creating a great sounding record on vinyl and we're still a young label trying to get the best sounding records out that we can — every now and then, we have a hiccup or two :/.

I have no doubt that there's a TON that goes into mixing and mastering for vinyl. I certainly don't hold it against you guys, especially because I have multiple releases from you guys and they all sound great. Topshelf is one of my favorite labels and I love how you guys run things. I'll certainly continue to support you guys, and one or two hiccups isn't gonna change that.

• 1 year later...