A podcast I regularly listen to (The Mediocre Show) was talking about something called ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response), which according to Wikipedia is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, and/or cognitive stimuli.

tl;dr -

Specific sounds (in this case) make you feel weird.

Here's a page with samples - http://www.asmrlab.com/common-asmr-triggers/

Do any of you react to these and how so? I find this very fascinating and figured audiophiles like most of you would be more 'sensitive' to these triggers.

The main thing that bugs me with this stuff is that some people who make it make good stuff, but then they also make videos that are unintentionally really creepy. Haileywhisperingrose is the main example that comes to mind. There is also a weird element of sexualizing the girls who do this stuff no matter what, granted I'm not into any male ASMR video-makers. When it comes to listening to something by a guy to sleep to, I tend to prefer calm/informative playthroughs of games.