Looking for article/information...

A while back I read this cool article that I neglected to bookmark and can't find...

The neat info I am looking for has to do with how much sensory stimuli goes on around us and how much of it our brain processes. Like it said our brain processes only a certain percentage of incoming information, and I think they might have said how much data it is in gigabytes or terabytes.

When I search the net all I really get is buzzfeed style articles like '5 ways in which your mind plays tricks on you.' Optical illusions are cool but I basically want to know how much sensory information the brain processes and an idea of how much is going on that the brain ignores/deems to be junk info.

Anyone got any leads?

Off the top, it sounds like a scholarly or peer reviewed article. Have you tried Google scholarly? Sounds interesting, share it if you find it.

Yeah, google scholar a lit review on the subject, find the most promising articles, and chase them down.

Put what you learned in school to use...