Common - Nobody's Smiling

common-nobodys-smiling-deluxe-cover.jpg

I haven't found an official announcement yet, but it looks like a few websites (Amazon, SoundStage, Musicdirect) have dated Common's new album Nobody's Smiling (2xLP) to come out on August 5th through Def Jam. The album officially releases on July 22nd with the LP a couple weeks after.

Tracklist:

1. The Neighborhood f. Lil Herb & Cocaine 80s
2. No Fear
3 Diamonds f. Big Sean
4. Blak Majik f. Jhené Aiko
5. Speak My Piece
6. Hustle Harder f. Snoh Aalegra & Dreezy
7. Nobody’s Smiling
8. Real f. Elijah Blake
9. Kingdom f. Vince Staples
10. Rewind That

Deluxe edition:

11. Out On Bond f. Vince Staples
12. 7 Deadly Sings
13. Young Hearts Run Free f. Cocaine 80s

Here's a few pre order links:

http://www.amazon.com/Nobodys-Smiling-Deluxe-Edition-explicit/dp/B00LPJ3MCS/ref=tmm_vnl_title_0

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-238946-common-nobodys-smiling-2lp.aspx

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/common-nobodys-smiling-vinyl-records.shtml

Listened to the ablum for the first time today. Not really feeling it. "Rewind That" was the only song that really stood out first listen through. Maybe I just need to listen to it more but I think focusing on Chicago and all of the negative there just took away everything that makes Common great. Looking at the differences in the album covers and album titles for "Be" and "Nobody's Smiling" pretty much sums up the differences haha

What do you guys think of it?

It's tough to say... compared to most rap that's come out this year (and the last few years) it's a solid album.  But it's Common, so it's always going to get compared back to his old stuff, and it just doesn't hold up like Be or LWFC or Resurrection.  I agree that "Rewind That" is the best track, for sure.

Yeah when I first listened to it all I could do is compare it to Be. But than I had to remind myself that this is No ID and not Dilla and Kanye. Then I listened to it again and it started to grow on me. Common has and will always be one of my favorite hip hop mc's. Rewind That is an amazing tribute to Dilla and definitely one of my favorite tracks for sure. Will be picking this up when it's available!