Weird, loud, violent flutter

Recently when I turn my receiver above a certain volume level when playing records (not blastingly loud or anything), I get a really loud, bassy violent flutter that shakes the covers on front of my speakers until I turn it down again. The best way to describe it is a violent flutter, it seems like incredibly powerful, bassy feedback. Is this maybe the needle picking up sounds from the speakers or something? I'd heard that was something that could happen. It's way louder than the music and tops out my whole system until I turn it down again. Only happens on the phono input, not aux.

Try moving the speakers further away from the rest of the kit, those are hardly near field monitors so I would expect they have been designed to be a fair distance apart.

Also try them on the floor, I would mount speakers like those on low stands but I expect those were intended to be floor standing when they were new

I used to have this problem last year. The vibrations from the speakers went up to the turntable and caused a similar problem at mid-high volume. 

I simply put some rubber feet under the speakers and it was ok after that.

To make sure if your problem is the same as mine, try at a lower volume to hear if it still doing some feedback, if not, isolate your speakers or turntable. You can also try to lift your speakers off the ground when you hear the feedback and if it goes away the problem comes from the vibrations.