PO: Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Singer's Grave a Sea of Tongues 9/24/14

Cool, thanks for the link. But hesitant to go ahead with it now - just in case my Drag City copy includes the 12" too though I suppose that's unlikely.

My best guess is that the tracklisting shown on the Domino site is a live recording of Wolfroy tracks on the bonus 12" but that's probably a result of wishful thinking. 

I took the gamble yesterday and ordered the UK version with the bonus 12" - $46ppd, ugh. With a price tag of $18 from DC, I doubt it has the 12". I emailed them this AM to see if they would give out any info.

Oh, and I heard this album is re-workings, Nashville style, like Greatest Palace.

I took the gamble yesterday and ordered the UK version with the bonus 12" - $46ppd, ugh. With a price tag of $18 from DC, I doubt it has the 12". I emailed them this AM to see if they would give out any info.

Oh, and I heard this album is re-workings, Nashville style, like Greatest Palace.

where did you order? via Domino UK?

You can order it here.

Says the Deluxe is a LP + 12"....but no tracklist on what is on the bonus 12"

http://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/bonnie-prince-billy-singer-s-grave-a-sea-of-tongues-limited-edition-386253

Is it actually available on this site? I can't find a way to add it to my cart, there's just a button for adding it to my wishlist. Am I stupid?

it says "preorder 19.09.2014" meaning you can't order until then

Noted, thank you.

I am also not super excited about reworking of Wolfroy tracks - I find that record super boring, but I love Greatest Palace Music, so who knows. 

I have been legitimately trying to collect every Will Oldham related release for years. Anyone have any crazy collections?

Noted, thank you.

I am also not super excited about reworking of Wolfroy tracks - I find that record super boring, but I love Greatest Palace Music, so who knows. 

I have been legitimately trying to collect every Will Oldham related release for years. Anyone have any crazy collections?

definitely not crazy but trying ..  

some are so easy to come by and then the others.  ugh.

Noted, thank you.

i emailed the dude from royal stable, and he said he read a dutch (i think) review that said the reworkings were very very good.  i trust oldham not to release music unless he means it, so i'm trying to remain open minded.

i don't have an impressive collection, but i've been trying for a few years too.  it's brutal.

I have a stupidly expensive & overcomplete WO collection, all the 7"s, 12s, albums, soundtracks, EPs & 10"s you can name & then some. Completism is a curse :-/

I agree that Wolfroy was the slowest & hardest BPB album to love but I got there after a million spins & several dedicated close listening sessions & I think it holds up as an equal to all its predecessors.

I have a stupidly expensive & overcomplete WO collection, all the 7"s, 12s, albums, soundtracks, EPs & 10"s you can name & then some. Completist is a curse :-/

I agree that Wolfroy was the slowest & hardest BPB album to love but I got there after a million spins & several dedicated close listening sessions & I think it holds up as an equal to all its predecessors.

Holy shit. How many records would you guess it is? How long did that take? Would you mind listing your top 5 or 10 LPs, EPs, and 7"s? Just curious, you're probably one of very few people who've actually heard everything.

Here's my blog: it's nerdy, earnest, boringly analytical and very tongue-in-cheek by turns:  http://alanbumstead.wordpress.com/bonnie-prince-billy-quicklist/

My faves are: Superwolf, Viva Last Blues, I See A Darkness, Joya, Ask Forgiveness, & The Letting Go. But apart from the Tortoise collaborative album, which I actively dislike, and Greatest Palace Hits which doesn't do much for me I think everything else is good, great or amazing. 

Funtown Comedown & Is It The Sea? are the best live albums. There is a small amount of CD-only released material I've never heard, such as Wilding In The West, a CD-only live album. I refuse to buy CDs or digital. 

Here's my blog: it's nerdy, earnest, boringly analytical and very tongue-in-cheek by turns:  http://alanbumstead.wordpress.com/bonnie-prince-billy-quicklist/

My faves are: Superwolf, Viva Last Blues, I See A Darkness, Joya, Ask Forgiveness, & The Letting Go. But apart from the Tortoise collaborative album, which I actively dislike, and Greatest Palace Hits which doesn't do much for me I think everything else is good, great or amazing. 

Funtown Comedown & Is It The Sea? are the best live albums. There is a small amount of CD-only released material I've never heard, such as Wilding In The West, a CD-only live album. I refuse to buy CDs or digital. 

Your blog is amazing. So informative. 

Has anyone heard the new record yet? Just got a copy but haven't listened yet. 

All has been revealed on Discogs & the Domino site where you can hear samples. So it's a quite neat reworking of Wolfroy with a couple of extra tracks, plus if you were lucky to get in early on the bonus edition, the 12" is something called the Barely Regal Ep which includes a number of tracks that were released only on iTunes earlier this year plus several others, which makes it a must-get. Chances are it'll be available separately at some stage. The hhv.de site which had suggested it would be available for pre-order from today, is now saying they have no available stock.