PO: Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Singer's Grave a Sea of Tongues 9/24/14

Still no luck on Barely Legal at my locals.  Was thinking about going with the Ameoba link but was waiting cause of stupid $15 Canadian shipping, and now it's sold out.......

Any other links out there (Edit:) at a similar price?

EDIT2: HA.  "Barely Legal".  A little Freudian slip on my part methinks

Still no luck on Barely Legal at my locals. Was thinking about going with the Ameoba link but was waiting cause of stupid $15 Canadian shipping, and now it's sold out.......

Any other links out there (Edit:) at a similar price?

Not yet. Also, still no response from Drag from any email.

There's one right now on Discogs for 70 bucks. Give it a couple of weeks. It'll be easily available. Same thing happened with the self-titled album last year. Took a few weeks but soon became regularly available for as little as $17.

That's what I was thinking, but I caved and bought the regular release today because I'm impatient.

I'll just have to continue being Regal on my iPod for now

I'm very well versed in French and I cannot find a single price anywhere on this link.  I don't feel like giving them my email just to find out what the shopping cart reads....soooooo how much did it cost from Gilbert Joseph?

(Edit: errr I'm guessing it means it's no longer available....)

Also, is this the cover of Barely Regal?

0887828034338_4_75.jpg

What I can't quite figure out is why I really don't like Wolfroy at all, but love this record. I want to like Wolfroy so bad...

For me a lot of that record followed the (sort of... sacred? cloistered? I keep wanting to say spiritual) sound that they tried out on Wondershow to an even more esoteric place. It's powerful, but it's really hard to access for me. This kind of reached down there and brought the material up into the light (so it could lie down?) and revealed some beautiful straightforward songs. I'm with you, I think. 

For me a lot of that record followed the (sort of... sacred? cloistered? I keep wanting to say spiritual) sound that they tried out on Wondershow to an even more esoteric place. It's powerful, but it's really hard to access for me. This kind of reached down there and brought the material up into the light (so it could lie down?) and revealed some beautiful straightforward songs. I'm with you, I think. 

agreed about wolfroy / singers grave.  i LOVE wondershow.  absolutely love it.  it took me a long time and many listens to get to love it the way i do, but i found small parts of songs and lyrics that made that album really beautiful.

agreed about wolfroy / singers grave.  i LOVE wondershow.  absolutely love it.  it took me a long time and many listens to get to love it the way i do, but i found small parts of songs and lyrics that made that album really beautiful.

Seeing them live four times (in two days, heh) on the Wondershow tour realllly made those songs hit home. They took those songs into some amazing places. 

I'm not enjoying this one very much. So far, I'd probably place it towards the bottom in the ranks of Oldham's work. I definitely prefer the sound of Wolfroy, which I thought was a fantastic record.

For those still searching for a copy of the deluxe edition, my order from Reckless shipped a couples days ago (yet to arrive). It's still listed on their site, so perhaps they're still able to fill more orders.

I'm not enjoying this one very much. So far, I'd probably place it towards the bottom in the ranks of Oldham's work. I definitely prefer the sound of Wolfroy, which I thought was a fantastic record.

For those still searching for a copy of the deluxe edition, my order from Reckless shipped a couples days ago (yet to arrive). It's still listed on their site, so perhaps they're still able to fill more orders.

Yes, I can't see how this shows any real improvement on Wolfroy (though 'improvement' is a rather subjective point of comparison), which was a very distinctive sounding album. It's a neat idea to reenvision your songs in this way but the new sound is of a more generic mix of instruments and dynamic. Possibly it's capable of appealing to a wider audience, but while I prefer Wolfroy, I really like the fact that he's chosen to do this. It's still quite a nice listen. Put the two albums together and you get a cubist scene of Wolfroy. A front view & a side view.