PO: HIM - Lashes to Ashes, Lust to Dust: A Vinyl Retrospective ’96-’03

mossy

I really can't decide which to get. I want all 4 LPs on colored vinyl. But I also want the demo, but it's only available in the boxed sets.

So it's either suck it up and don't get it and get the 4 colored LPs. Or get the all black boxed set for $109 or get the all colored deluxe box for $199 where I don't need any of the extra shit.

Ugh. Too many options!

I really can't decide which to get. I want all 4 LPs on colored vinyl. But I also want the demo, but it's only available in the boxed sets.

So it's either suck it up and don't get it and get the 4 colored LPs. Or get the all black boxed set for $109 or get the all colored deluxe box for $199 where I don't need any of the extra shit.

Ugh. Too many options!

For real though,

I REALLLY have to get the Love Metal and Razorblade colored editions, why isn't there a build your own bundle?

WAIT A MINUTE! These are the same thing as the And Love Said No set... but with remixes and what not on an additional LP? Hmmmm, still considering. May just hold on to my ALSN box and save some cash.

These look like they're better quality. The ALSN records are pretty flimsy, and the sleaves aren't that sturdy.

Might be in for Deep Shadows and RR. Still unsure. I used to LOVE this band. It would be a nostalgia purchase. Not sure how much I would spin it.

I felt this way (with buyers remorse) after buying RR on ebay. But I have listened to it (all) twice in about 4 months. Which isn't great, but I listen to a lot of the same albums over and over again...so it's no constant rotation, but I could see playing each maybe 2-3 a year (or more depending on your collection)

I felt this way (with buyers remorse) after buying RR on ebay. But I have listened to it (all) twice in about 4 months. Which isn't great, but I listen to a lot of the same albums over and over again...so it's no constant rotation, but I could see playing each maybe 2-3 a year (or more depending on your collection)

Good point, Fowty. Do we know how limited the single colored LPs are? I don't want to wait on it and screw myself but also don't feel like dropping $40 before shipping price today. Hmm...

Good point, Fowty. Do we know how limited the single colored LPs are? I don't want to wait on it and screw myself but also don't feel like dropping $40 before shipping price today. Hmm...

I saw nothing that seems to indicate that anything is limited except for the black 180g boxset (/2000). Otherwise, I think we might be in for the long haul. I'm at least going to wait until someone can confirm how awesome (or not) it sounds.

If you have the pink 2xLP, note that the track listing is different. I personally would much prefer my copy, so will just be getting the other three.

No it's the single LP with extra tracks from the original. It came in some shoddy pvc sleeve with an insert of the cover. It may be a boot for all I know...it is pink, so that's fun.

Edit: what permafaust said

Edited by FowtyDollaz

HIM is also reissuing each title individually as a deluxe double-CD in a limited-edition crushed velvet case, as an LP on standard 140-gram vinyl and as a deluxe colored double-LP. (Razorblade Romance, for example, will be magenta, whileLove Metal will be gold.)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6251489/him-vinyl-boxed-set-remastered-catalog

Box sets are only with 180g I think.

Does anyone thinks the 109 and 199 option is confusing? Picture shows that the 109 doesnt have the slipmat, CD and poster, but the description says slipmat is included? 

I actually wanna get the box but really dont want to pay 90 extra for coloured LPs, poster and CD. So I just need some confirmation as I want that slipmat!

After come calculation, $80.01 is for the custom box, poster, slipmat and thumbdrive. is this worth it in your opinion?

Does anyone thinks the 109 and 199 option is confusing? Picture shows that the 109 doesnt have the slipmat, CD and poster, but the description says slipmat is included? 

I actually wanna get the box but really dont want to pay 90 extra for coloured LPs, poster and CD. So I just need some confirmation as I want that slipmat!

After come calculation, $80.01 is for the custom box, poster, slipmat and thumbdrive. is this worth it in your opinion?

I think 109 option is with single 180g LPs and 199 option is with colored double LPs (include remixes) can't sure that colored records are 180g or not.

From what I understand:

The $199 is the four 2xLP colored versions + the 180 Gram EP, the 4 CDs with the crushed velvet slipcovers, a thumbdrive with all the music, slipmat, poster, and collectors box.

The $109 version is the four albums and the EP on 180 Gram Black, the thumbdrive, and slipmat in the collectors box.

Then there is a $75 four album on 2xLP colored vinyl bundle, as well as a $54 four album "standard" weight bundle.

And then the individuals of the standard weight vinyl and the colored LPs.

I'm probably going to just get the colored deluxe bundle for $75 even though that slipmat and the EP are calling my name.

Looking over the track listings, these new ones leave out a lot of tracks, at least on DSaBH it's missing Don't Close Your Heart and Love You Like I Do, and they aren't even on the bonus disc. I'm rethinking getting rid of my ALSN box now...

EDIT - The regular black version has all of the tracks listed, but the 2xLP colored version is missing tracks.

I'm sure it's just an error. I can't imagine they used different plates for different colors. They're all 2lp right?

I emailed the label about it and this was the response:

Hi Ryan,

The track listing for the Gatefold and Standard LP are in fact different.

Best,
Caroline

The black ones are single LP, the colored are double LP.