WTB: Say Anything "is a real boy"

RubberbandmanDan

Just going off of recent offers, and I haven't heard anything since the offer was presented. If I don't hear anything from the poster before the end of tonight, we'll do the offer I gave you earlier.

This fucking guy offered it to me for $120 after I told him I wasn't interested in a bidding war. After he told me that wouldn't be the case he jacked the price up to $150 because somebody else offered him more for the album than he originally offered it to me for. He is a fucking tool, and a dishonorable shit bag for doing exactly what he said he would not. If you are considering buying this album from him, prepare for him to insist on a higher price than agreed upon.

This fucking guy offered it to me for $120 after I told him I wasn't interested in a bidding war. After he told me that wouldn't be the case he jacked the price up to $150 because somebody else offered him more for the album than he originally offered it to me for. He is a fucking tool, and a dishonorable shit bag for doing exactly what he said he would not. If you are considering buying this album from him, prepare for him to insist on a higher price than agreed upon.

He told me someone offered 140; and he didn't wanna start a war, so said 175 ppd and it was mine. I told him nope.

James, they are doing an "is a real boy" tour next month, rumor has it there will be another pressing to coincide.

I checked the tour thread in the everything else section, apparently they weren't able to pull a new copy and have it ready in time for tour. Maybe down the line, doghouse still owns those rights.

I sold my mint condition 1st press for $50 on here a few months ago. People are shitty if they want more than that. (My opinion).

My point: Just hold out a bit. You'll find someone who isn't looking for an exorbitant amount eventually. There's nice people on here.

100% agree. It's a shame that so many people on here are just looking to make money. I love this band, and if I had an extra copy I would be happy as Shit just to see somebody interested in them and be able to share a great album with them. Instead, I've got to sort through ridiculous offers from asshats trying to sell a used album for ten fold what they paid. Those people don't give a shit about the music, that bothers me.

Idk. It's one of my favorite albums too, I really need a copy, but I don't need to spend a couple hundred on an album that's been pressed that many times.

Tell you what, if i run into two at a reasonable price, I'll pick one up for you. In an awesome twist of fate I met a guy just yesterday who operates a low key vinyl warehouse, says he has 200,000 albums and he offered to give me anything I wanted for what he bought it for if I'd help him organise his stuff. Say Anything isn't huge here in Ohio, or anywhere for that matter, but I'm sure he could help me find it. Says he does business with retailers and collectors alike... perhaps this will turn up some gold.

Tell you what, if i run into two at a reasonable price, I'll pick one up for you. In an awesome twist of fate I met a guy just yesterday who operates a low key vinyl warehouse, says he has 200,000 albums and he offered to give me anything I wanted for what he bought it for if I'd help him organise his stuff. Say Anything isn't huge here in Ohio, or anywhere for that matter, but I'm sure he could help me find it. Says he does business with retailers and collectors alike... perhaps this will turn up some gold.

Will do you a huge solid if you can find a copy of The Medic Droid- Irrelevant 12".

Will do you a huge solid if you can find a copy of The Medic Droid- Irrelevant 12".

I will add it to the list of hard to find albums I'm looking for. I can't guarantee anything, though. Until I go down there I don't know that he doesn't have 200k Barbara Streisand albums, haha.

Sounds awesome!

This was my very first "New" vinyl I ever purchased back about 7 years ago now.  I think mine was the Hot Topic exclusive.  First time I ever even saw a colored vinyl, beautiful white, which was the perfect color for this album imo.

I sold it when someone offered $70, imo you can find it cheaper than that, just keep looking. Wish I didn't feel like I outgrew Say Anything, they really meant a lot to me.

This was my very first "New" vinyl I ever purchased back about 7 years ago now. I think mine was the Hot Topic exclusive. First time I ever even saw a colored vinyl, beautiful white, which was the perfect color for this album imo.

I sold it when someone offered $70, imo you can find it cheaper than that, just keep looking. Wish I didn't feel like I outgrew Say Anything, they really meant a lot to me.

I doubt you outgrew them more than they regressed artistically. It's hard to love their newer stuff, really hard.