X-Files: I Want To Believe trailer

Very little has been said about the movie. What I do know is that it takes place six years after the series' end. It's not really going to follow some of the major plotlines from the series and that it's almost like a stand-alone movie. So sounds like not really a sequel to the first movie per se.

Guest genericinsight
Very little has been said about the movie. What I do know is that it takes place six years after the series' end. It's not really going to follow some of the major plotlines from the series and that it's almost like a stand-alone movie. So sounds like not really a sequel to the first movie per se.

For what it's worth, as someone who was/is a huge fan of the show, I would like to see the movie simply as a "it's cool to know or see another segment in the lives of the characters". In a way it's kind of cool to see it as a stand alone movie because I feel like the entire series pretty much exhausted the whole government/alien conspiracy thing. I can't imagine where else they could possibly go with that plotline that hadn't already been said or used.

Guest genericinsight
I agree with Barrie. I'd like to see more of a final development/focus on the characters of Scully and Moulder.

I would like to see one on Skinner as well, hopefully they do that one. I always felt he had such an interesting story behind his character but for some reason they never focused too much on him aside from a random couple episodes.

What about Doggett and Reyes? I know they had Doggett's backstory but I never knew much about Reyes... unless they did show some stuff about her and I never saw those. There's a good number of episodes from the last two seasons I never saw.

I think...from what I recall reading...both Scully and Moulder are out of the FBI since the X-Files branch got dissolved. The FBI gets a new case that would fit in the X-Files and they track down Moulder to help out...he goes out and seeks help from Scully who seems to have been working as a Medical Examiner.

Guest genericinsight
I think...from what I recall reading...both Scully and Moulder are out of the FBI since the X-Files branch got dissolved. The FBI gets a new case that would fit in the X-Files and they track down Moulder to help out...he goes out and seeks help from Scully who seems to have been working as a Medical Examiner.

waiiiiiiittttt, weren't Mulder and Scully "involved" at the series finale? That's weird that they wouldn't make them such unless I guess six years after the fact maybe they ended things for reasons to forget the X-Files?

/end relationship analysis of fictional characters that don't exist