GUTG represses. Damaged.

I got both my records the other day from a european distro. Both had split through the cardboard sleeve and im not happy with it. I sent the distro an email stating these should really be mint seeing as they're brand new and that i've got second hand records off ebay that look better.

Im a bit of a noob with vinyl and only have a couple of dozen 12" so i don't know if damage like this is an occupational hazard as such or if this distro are obliged to replace these for me.

Guest vito

unfortunately, there might not be much they can do. since it's a distro and not a label, they probably don't have extra covers lying around. seam splits just happen sometimes during shipping because the records move around inside the mailers. it's their fault for not packing them tightly, but yours also for not asking them to ship them outside the sleeve.

unfortunately, there might not be much they can do. since it's a distro and not a label, they probably don't have extra covers lying around. seam splits just happen sometimes during shipping because the records move around inside the mailers. it's their fault for not packing them tightly, but yours also for not asking them to ship them outside the sleeve.

It's not a clean split, there's quite a bit of damage. wouldn't go as far as saying it's partly my fault at all as it's their responsibility to get stuff to me in good condition.

Guest baseball

It's not a clean split, there's quite a bit of damage. wouldn't go as far as saying it's partly my fault at all as it's their responsibility to get stuff to me in good condition.

It's more their responsibility to pack stuff appropriately and securely. It's out of their hands after that, sometimes the post office just destroys things.

such a bummer when you get records with seam splits.. its so easily avoided by just taking the record out of the sleeve (guilty myself of leaving them in, sorry Yu!). but yeah not much you can do really, when it happens to me i usually just ask for a full or partial shipping refund. it eases the pain a bit.

such a bummer when you get records with seam splits.. its so easily avoided by just taking the record out of the sleeve (guilty myself of leaving them in, sorry Yu!). but yeah not much you can do really, when it happens to me i usually just ask for a full or partial shipping refund. it eases the pain a bit.

cool, thanks man, i'll ask about that!