Dali Zensor 7 Floorstanding Speakers

Back with more speaker questions - can anyone comment on the Dali Zensor 7 speakers?  It looks like I can get them for $1,200 as a pair.  I know I've been picky about aesthetics around here... this time I'm looking for glossy white floorstanding speakers, and these fit the bill.

Any comments on the Dali Zensor 7s?

Thanks slinch.  The room is a 16'x15' family room that opens up into an open kitchen and a long hall to the front of the house (a moderately large area with a two story ceiling).  Is there a way to tell if this would be a good "fit"?

If that is not large enough, would the Dali Zensor 5s be a decent alternative?

Also, I'm assuming "Nominal Impedance [Ω]: 6" means 6 ohms?  My amp will go to 4 using one output but if both A/B are selected it is rated for 8 ohms.  I'm guessing these would be too powerful if I wanted to run these and, say, outdoor speakers at the same time?

Really appreciate the help!

Yeah, that's more than big enough for the 7s. If it was a 240 sq ft closed room it might be a bit on the small side, but since it's open I wouldn't go for any smaller speaker than the Zensor 7.

Regarding your amp, it's not the "power" of the speaker that's the issue, but its impedance. The lower the impedance, the more strain it puts on the amplifier. Hooking up these and another pair and running them at the same time would be very risky and is bound to cause damage if used continuously.

Though for the price of the Zensor 7s, check out these, down to $1300 from $2200: http://www.musicdirect.com/p-139683-focal-chorus-816v-tower-speakers-pr.aspx

They're substantially better speakers and even less power hungry than the Dalis.

AFOCAL816VEBY.jpg

I doubt you will do and I was joking a bit in a money no object sort of way.

In all seriousness though I'm with Slinch and would buy the Focal's over the Dali's. Convince the wife that black is the new white, that or it's two sides of the same colour.

of course the divorce option is still valid, I find the line "you can be replaced" does the trick

I feel your pain. White isn't a common colour for speakers but on the plus side you might find a pair on sale somewhere that where a special order that a store got stuck with. Keep searching

With my own "she who must be obeyed" I find begging and lines like "I had to buy them they sound so nice" sometimes help if she's in a good mood

Thanks guys.  I ended up compromising with the wifey on size and went with the Dali Zensor 5s with white grills.  The size and look is perfect for the room, and I'm pleased with the sound.  Much better than the crappy little speakers I was using to be sure.  Definitely loud enough for the space (they fill the whole first floor with sound with the volume not turned up very loud).