Have Heart Songs to Scream LP Preorder

i noticed that bridge nine has put a link for this record in the upcoming releases and that usually means the preorder is coming soon

if anybody has a scoop as to when this might be coming you have to cough it up

also if anyone is planning to go to the record release show for this and verse and would be willing to pick up some copies i would definitely make it worth your while

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. i almost think have heart is overhyped. maybe it's just cause i'm from massachusetts, but i don't know one kid who likes hardcore that doesn't like that band.

i think they sorta are too. all my friends are really into have heart and i tell them all to listen to verse. much better band in imo. they make have heart seem mediocre to me.

Guest genericinsight
agreed. this band doesnt get enough credit for how good they are

you're kidding me, have heart is arguably the biggest band in hardcore right now, every show they play is well attended or sells out, and kids go off at every show. im pretty sure they got the credit they deserve!

I agree 100% but chose not to say anything, though now that it's been brought up I'll speak my piece.

Have Heart IS one of the biggest, if not the biggest band in hardcore right now. (I used to think that title went to Modern Life Is War, but with them gone, the title has trickled down obviously)

I don't feel like the band is overrated or overhyped at all. Granted, I'm not nearly as into them as some people but I thought The Things We Carry was a fantastic record. IMO, they went from being a generic, average straight edge hardcore band into something that actually has depth to their music. People recognize that and that's possibly why the band is so big. So even if I'm not as into them as some folks, I agree with and think they do deserve every ounce of attention and credit they are getting.

Now if you want to talk about equally great hardcore bands that really don't get enough credit, I'll throw Verse and Another Breath out there. Verse somewhat does; though they should be as big as HH are but they aren't. Another Breath is a whole other issue and I blame it on the fact that that band goes through long periods of inactivity all the time so folks outside of the ones from their home area or people who pay constant attention to them never know if they are broken up or not. It sucks because that band definitely has the potential to be one of the biggest bands in hardcore I think if they choose to embrace it, but they don't.

Which gets me to thinking, Verse doesn't really tour all that much either so that's probably why that band isn't nearly as big as HH are even though I (and some other people as well) think they clearly should be. It's a proven fact that if you're in a hardcore band, one of the keys to success is touring (though unfortunately, I think this can also be a downfall, but that's a whole other subject for another day).

There's room up on my soapbox if anyone wants to jump up and join in.