PO: Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes, Under the Pink - 4/21/15

gmoney

I have the original black and pink presses of UTP, a couple different OG Earthquakes, Choirgirl, and Pele. I stopped collecting after that. Most of those records I actually got for free. I was on craigslist a few years back looking for last minute Tori tickets for a local show and someone had a post saying that they wanted to give away their Tori vinyl collection for free to a fan. The post was up for a few days so i figured they were long gone, but i responded to it and she said nobody else replied so they were mine. We met up and I ended up with her first awful LP,  UTP and LE as well as 5 or 6 7"s. The nice things was that i already had UTP and LE but her copies were not only sealed but also different versions. That was the nicest/strangest thing that has happened to me vinyl related.

Anyhow those first few LPs (starting with LE) are great and I'm glad that they are readily available again. And I second a Scarlet's Walk press.

Scarlet's Walk would be awesome to own on wax.  I have the deluxe cd with the roadmap and series of polaroid style pictures in it.  They could really put together a great package for a vinyl release of that album.  Plus it was the last Tori album i loved before she started to lose my attention.  Can't get into anything after SW.

Yep, I feel the same way about her material. Though I've started to come around on the last 2. Night of Hunters is weird but has some really great moments, and the last one had a few good tracks on it too. 

Yep, I feel the same way about her material. Though I've started to come around on the last 2. Night of Hunters is weird but has some really great moments, and the last one had a few good tracks on it too. 

Definitely.  And therein lies the problem for me.  Little Earthquakes, Choirgirl, Under the Pink and Scarlet's Walk are the only 4 albums of hers that i love from start to finish.  Boys From Pele has a lot of good tracks on it, but some of it is a little too far out there for my taste.  I haven't really absorbed Unrepentant Geraldines yet, probably because i've got a shitty attitude about Tori's new material.  lol