Mars Volta - The Bedlam in Goliath

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still cheaper to order from Insound... $45.99 in toto with post to Australia (same cost as it would be to Europe). only a couple of bucks cheaper i know, but i picked up the first Trail of Dead LP in the same order for an extra $12.50 in toto.

have bought a few things from Insound and they always treat me right.

Coupon code: insound_rocks_07

I found it here, which seems to be a nice website:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/insound.com

But now I have checked the status and it says:

This order has been backordered for items that are awaiting reshipment from our supplier.The items have not been billed to your credit card.If we cannot get these items within three weeks they will be taken off your order and any items in stock will be shipped.

what does exactly means? Do they show this message usually for preorders???

I have read the followin on insound faq so I suppose it is fine:

Q What's the deal with PRE-ORDERS?

A Pre-ordering product is a great way to receive new releases on or near their street date. If you place a multiple item order that includes a PRE-ORDER, the PRE-ORDER will be treated just like a "backorder." As soon as we receive the PRE-ORDER, we will ship it out to you in time for the release's street date.

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS NOTE: If your order contains a PRE-ORDER, we must wait until your ENTIRE order is complete before shipping any part of your order.

• 2 weeks later...
The first press is less than 1000 copies but it expected to release a second press soon.

where did you read this? particularly about it being limited to 1000 copies.

thecomatorium.com [The Mars Volta official message board] administrator said that and also i found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARS-VOLTA-BEDLAM-IN-GOLIATH-red-black-2LP-7-PIC-DISC_W0QQitemZ130229002329QQihZ003QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, I have just ordered another one from amazon... (fingers crossed)

where did you read this? particularly about it being limited to 1000 copies.

thecomatorium.com [The Mars Volta official message board] administrator said that and also i found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARS-VOLTA-BEDLAM-IN-GOLIATH-red-black-2LP-7-PIC-DISC_W0QQitemZ130229002329QQihZ003QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyway, I have just ordered another one from amazon... (fingers crossed)

dubmaverick seams to be able to get rekkids before they come out. he always charges highly for them.

i've ordered a second copy from rockbox.co.uk - the first one being from interpunk after insound wrote me saying they cant supply.

fingers crossed as well

anybody have any luck getting this? i had to sit in about 2 hours of evening rush hour traffic (and 80 miles to and from) to get it at the only shop that had any left in stock. (Amoeba apparently sold out of all their copies within 30 minutes of them opening their store today.)

i ordered my copy through their online store and have already received it

Guest pelican2112

They had one copy left at Vinyl Fever here in Tampa. I had such a little kid sense of excitement when I saw it sitting there in the M's sandwiched between Madonna and Municipal Waste. $44.99...a bit pricey, however, it's completely worth it. The artwork/packaging is fantastic (as always, however, this may trump all of their previous releases), with a sweet gatefold cover where the artwork just jumps at you. Quija pointer 7" picture disc very sweet, and comes in a standard picture disc sleeve in between the gatefold. The red/black split vinyl came out really really nice, however, there is no etchings to be found on any side of either vinyl, so I dunno where that came from.

Effing sweet, effing sweet. Gotta love TMV.